10 Easy Ways to Feel Festive
By Anita Saulite on December 13, 2012
Having trouble getting into the holiday spirit? Christmas can be very stressful, especially if you are shopping for presents on a budget, juggling work, an active family and festive social commitments. Savvy Money Gal has the perfect solution for the “Bah Humbug Blues”. We believe the holiday season is a time for giving thanks to what really matter in our lives.
In the spirit of giving more, spending less and embracing the moment, we’ve come up with 10 simple luxuries that will astonish loved ones on your gift list and get you in the holiday mindset.
1. Take some “ME” time. Whether you prefer to curl up with a good book or soak in a bubble bath, don’t forget to schedule some time to pamper yourself.
2. Reach out and reconnect with a friend you haven’t heard from or seen in a very long time.
3. Invite your girlfriends over for eggnog and edibles.
4. Help those less fortunate by volunteering at a homeless shelter over the holidays.
5. Give the gift of time to a busy mom by looking after her children free-of-charge for an afternoon.
6. Give a friend who is caring for an elderly parent some respite. Offer to step in for an evening. Your thoughtfulness will be much appreciated.
7. Simplify your gift shopping. Stuff just collects dust. A shared experience is treasured forever.
8. Go to church. This is the perfect time of year to enrich your life with greater meaning or purpose.
9. Put away your handheld devices, take your children out to play, and give them 100% of your attention.
10. Mark the 12 days of Christmas and do something every day that you have always wanted to do.
Happy Holidays from Savvy Money Gal
Get on the road to financial success
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
There’s no better vehicle to bring the family together than the Chevy Traverse. It’s the ultimate family vehicle, and the inspiration behind the tales that these bloggers are sharing about those special moments spent with their families. Check out the posts to see just how different, and, in many ways, the same, family time is nowadays as compared to when the bloggers were younger. Read more
Most Popular on Family
Coffee-Mate® Girl Scout® Cookie Creamers
Bloggers share life hacks they learned during their Girl Scout days. We also found out that with the new Coffee-Mate® Girl Scout® Cookie creamers, we can now enjoy the delightful cookie taste all year round. Read their posts for a chance to win $100!