10 Great Gifts For Cooks
By blackbird17 on December 06, 2010
BlogHer Original Post
Still need ideas for family, friends, teachers, coworkers, bloggers, zombie lovers, special needs kids, app addicts, photographers, style mavens, or foodies? We've got you covered and then some with our gift guides, chosen by BlogHer staff, contributing editors and members. We wouldn't steer you wrong.
I love to buy presents for people who love to cook! It encourages them in their endeavors, and then I am gifted with cookies (or some such)! What to purchase for the cook in your life? I have a list (and links).
1. Yes, you might think oven mitts are boring, but they are anything BUT. One can indulge in beautifully hand-crafted mitts from Etsy or get all high-tech and pick these up from Williams-Sonoma. My mitts are always in disrepair and these are perfect.
2. Wooden spoons get grungy looking and metal utensils scratch, choose silicone tools for stirring in fine cookware. These beautiful spoons and spatulas are a cook's dream and wash easily and withstand great heat and, at ten bucks each, are a great deal.
3. The Broadway Panhandler is a beloved store and I was delighted to see they have an online outlet. This page inspires me, and the fact that they highly recommended these items is high praise from this venerable NYC brick and mortar.
4. I could write a whole post about cookbooks, but one of my favorites right now is Baked. Two young ad-men left their careers to pursue their passion. I know you want the recipe for the Sweet And Salty cake, and YOU know someone else who would love it too.
5. Caldrea gift sets are the kind of thing that cooks tend not to purchase for themselves and are lovely to receive. Ecologically sound, beautifully scented, and pretty, these sink luxuries would be nice for a teacher too.
6. Wouldn't this herb garden be sweet?
This little pot of rosemary, sage and thyme is only $24.95.
7. Dish towels are dish towels, but French dish towels are beautiful. Feast your eyes.
8. Is your cook-friend elegant and creative? Is his kitchen the very picture of architectural perfection? Get thee to MOMA and choose something like The Voile Spaghetti Measure.
9. I'm not kidding when I say that I am completely SMITTEN by this Washing Up Bowl.
I do realize it is not inexpensive, but I can't help it. I think it's adorable.
10. The Splurge: The SousVide Supreme Water Oven. Look, I can't even BEGIN to explain about slow-heating vacuum-sealed cooking. Thomas Keller does it and if someone you love is ga-ga over this form of cooking, then this is the gadget to buy.
More Like This
Recent Posts by blackbird17
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more
Recent Comments on Gift Guides
By JLB Cravings