10 Reasons You Should Not Care About Police Week
By The Missing Niche on May 13, 2014
Yup, you read that right. I know there are millions of you that hate cops, and there are millions of you that love them. I've given it a lot of thought and realized the haters have a point. I mean seriously, in 1962 John F. Kennedy decided to set aside an entire week to honor them? A whole week? Thousands of people descend on Washington, DC and snarl traffic for events all week. Whew, glad I don't live there, traffic's bad enough already.
Luckily, my town isn't one of the thousands across the country that hold events for Police Officers this week, one more thing I don't need to feel badly about missing.
To help everyone out, I've come up with a pretty valid list of reasons why you shouldn't care about honoring Police Officers. I'll be honest with you, no matter what side of the camp you're on, I think you'll see my logic. Whether or not I agree with your logic, that's a different story.
1. Trying to ruin your day - "Some a$$hole cop was hiding under a bridge and gave me a $200 speeding ticket. If it weren't for him, I would have been here on time!"
2. Constantly saving other people's lives - "Get your hands off me! I'm going to kill the b!tch!!"
3. Filthy - They are constantly spit, vomited and bled upon. Gross!
4. Always late - "I called 10 minutes ago! You couldn't have gotten here before my drunk husband got home?!"
5. Enjoy destroying private property - "He tried to serve me a warrant so I slammed the door. It's not my fault his body got caught in it! I want the city to pay for what he did to my door!"
6. Love picking fights - "Yeah, I punched the pig. He was trying to arrest me!"
More Like This
Recent Posts by The Missing Niche
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more