10 Things About Me
By LetThemEatGreat on June 29, 2012
I haven't been on BlogHer in a while, and after checking in, I saw Bad Luck Detective's Challenge to share 10 things about ourselves, to connect with other bloggers. It's a great idea to foster connections among us, and it's especially a good idea for me, because I don't have any posts yet! (Sorry for being a lurker...)
Here are my 10 things:
1. I love going to the beach! I hope to get a trailer someday, for taking mini vacations.
2. I'm married to someone whose primary language is French... but I'm more conversant in Spanish.
3. My father grew up on a farm in Arkansas, and I think that's where I get my love of gardening (and mint iced tea!) from.
4. I wanted to be an entertainment journalist growing up. I interviewed Questlove of The Roots at his place in the mid-90s for a small hip-hop magazine. I also interned at Rolling Stone magazine.
5. I am a lady griller!!! Anything from vegetables to ribs and leg of lamb.
6. I'm very shy/socially anxious, etc. in person. Thank God for writing. And one-on-one conversations.
7. The first music I remember owning? The cassette version of Songs From the Big Chair, by Tears for Fears.
8. The TMZ TV show is a guilty pleasure--not so much for the gossip, but for how the staffers riff on the stories and razz each other.
9. I loathe okra and anchovies. But I eat just about everything else.
10. I may be the last person on Earth who hasn't attended a Zumba class yet. (I'm sure I'd love it, though. I love dancing and dance aerobics.)
That's a bit about me. Tell me about yourself! And thanks for visiting my page. Please bear with me, I think I'll be adding more content here in the near future. But in the meantime, I blog 3 days a week at tastydiet.wordpress.com.
More Like This
Recent Posts by LetThemEatGreat
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Blogging & Social Media
Recent Comments on Blogging & Social Media
By Laurel Regan