10 Ways Not to Sabotage Yourself, Guys
By ToptoBottom on February 21, 2014
We have heard it many times before. “What do women want? They are so hard to read. She expects so much from me.” This is not always the case guys. Women can be easy to read and interpret if you put in a little effort and attempt to understand their expectations. We want things done right, we want to be spoken to with respect and we want some help around the house, once in a while. It is not that hard right?
Follow these 10 tips and you will be sailing on smooth waters. Deviate too much and you will be in the dog house, which is NOT a place you want to be.
1. Don’t- beat around the bush- If you don’t want to do something or go somewhere then say so. We would rather you not go with us, then go, be grumpy and bring us down.
Do- make plans that you know we will enjoy together and if you do have to tag along on a not so desirable outing, then do it with a smile. Believe us, in girl world, that two hours of somewhat boredom is a lot less painful then what could be the aftermath of ruining something that we enjoy.
2. Don’t you dare say something looks FINE or OK. When we ask you how we look in something, these sort of answers make us pissed off and question what we look like.
Do- use descriptive adjectives. Say things like: that dress looks great on you, I love your hair, you look sexy, hot. Say anything that you know lifts them up.
3. Don’t- fall into the trap of being too comfortable. Women want to feel special and loved. If you are just going through the motions and not showing her how much you care, the love of your life may just get fed up and leave.
Do- Sound excited when she calls, smile when you see her. Bring flowers once in a while. Out of the blue surprises are always the best.
4. Don’t-forget to do something when you say you will do it. We hear it all the time “so and so forgot to put the laundry in the dryer, so and so forgot to pick the kids up from school, so and so forgot to call me when he knew I was getting a big promotion. Guess what guys…this only makes us disappointed. Women and disappointment don’t mix.
Do- Be your word. If you say you will do something, put it in your smart phone calendar and do it. Be reliable and dependable and this in turn will make you loveable and admired.
5. Don’t- bottle up your emotions and not communicate. Just because you think the situation will go away if you ignore it, it won’t. We will always find a way to bring it back up to you in the future when a similar situation arises.
Do- Cool down, be rational and then discuss the topic that needs to be addressed. Believe us, it is in your best interest to just grab the bull by the horns so it doesn’t bite you in the a%$ later!
6. Don’t- talk condescendingly to us. Sometimes you may try to get your point across and talk in a way that is rude or disrespectful. There is the occasion that we will overlook this but catch us at the wrong time and you may see a side of us that resembles Medusa.
Do- think before you speak and deliver what you say in a way that doesn’t make you look like a jerk. Any woman with pride will get fed up with constant abuse and eventually put you in your place.
7. Don’t- stare at hot women when they walk by. This is rude to the woman you are with and may make her feel inferior or not good enough.
Do- Compliment your woman on her positive attributes and remember that you are lucky to be with her. Of course once in a while if an attractive person walks by it is ok to notice but don’t gawk and overdue it as you will come off as a douche-bag.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Most Popular on Dating
Recent Comments on Dating