10 Signs You're Addicted to Reading
By softleyb on May 08, 2014
Featured Member Post
Sometimes I am guilty of paying too much attention to my book and not enough to the real world. In the interest of public service, I have compiled a useful list of the top 10 reasons to suspect you might have a reading "problem."
- Your husband (wife/housemate/child) "accidentally" sits on your Kindle three times in one day.
- Your husband (wife/housemate/child) seems visibly frustrated when your device is still functional after "accident" number three.
- You find yourself reaching for a jumper in the middle of summer because "Winter is coming."
- You don't sleep for nights at a time because you happen to be reading a trilogy and you NEED to know what happens.
- You take the day off work to finish some DIY at home only to find by dusk you have nothing to show for it but a finished book.
- You ask someone to hide your book from you so you can cook dinner.
- You search the house, find your book and read it while stirring the pasta sauce. (The bottom of the pan is supposed to be black, right?)
- You pretend to go to the toilet to read just a few more pages. Your family suspects irritable bowel.
- If you find yourself book-less for more than a day, you begin to exhibit symptoms similar to those of a panic attack.
- You lie awake at night worrying that you are addicted to reading before downloading a book on the subject of addiction ... just to be sure.
ADD A COMMENT
Recent Posts by softleyb
Simply Beverages™ use never-from-concentrate juices in all of their beverages. And they never add any preservatives, colors or artificial flavors. Read our bloggers' posts and find fun beverage recipes you can serve this summer! Plus get a chance to win $100. Read more