The $100 Question: Worst Work-Life Balance Mistake Ever Rules
BlogHer Original Post
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Entrants in the The $100 Question: Worst Work-Life Balance Mistake Ever? ("Promotion") must be 18 years of age or older and U.S. residents. Employees, officers and directors of BlogHer, Inc. ("BlogHer" or "Sponsor"), their respective partners, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, successors and assigns, and their immediate family members [spouses, parents, children, siblings] and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) are not eligible. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of BlogHer, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. Promotion Period: Promotion begins 9:00 a.m. (PST) 4/27/2010 and ends 5:00 p.m. (PST) 4/29/2010.
3. Entry: To participate in the Promotion, eligible entrants should simply login or register at http://www.blogher.com/user/register, then visit the sweepstakes web page at http://www.blogher.com/100-question-tell-justice-fergie-mamalaw-about-yo... and leave a comment on the theme: What is the most ridiculous situation you have found yourself in when trying to juggle work and home?.
Entries must be placed in the comments section of this page, or a URL link to your entry on your own blog must be posted to the comments section of this page, to qualify.
• Entries must be written in English and posted before 5:00pm PST on 4/29/2010 to be eligible.
• Entries must be the entrant's original work and must comply with BlogHer Editorial Standards.
• Entries must be on topic and not offensive or derogatory.
• Neither BlogHer nor its agencies are responsible for illegible, lost, stolen, late, damaged, incomplete, mutilated or misdirected entries.
• By posting a comment, entrant agrees that any or all of the submitted comment, whether randomly chosen as a Winner or not, may be reproduced on BlogHer’s web site in connection with this Promotion without compensation at the sole discretion of representatives of BlogHer.
The Initial Winner and the Alternate Winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries.
• Initial Winner will be notified by email. Please check your BlogHer profile to ensure we have your current, correct email address. If the Prize is not timely accepted by the Initial Winner, the Alternate Winner will be notified by email and shall be awarded the Prize if timely accepted.
• Only one entry per household.
• Odds of winning depend on the total of number of entries submitted in the Promotion.
4. Sweepstakes: The winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. The entrant selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Mass entries or mechanical reproductions are invalid. BlogHer is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, postage-due, illegible, incomplete entries which will be disqualified.
5. Prize: ONE (1) PRIZE winner to receive a $100 Visa gift card. The prize winner will be randomly selected on or around 4/29/2010. Total promotion prize ARV is $100.
Winner will be notified via email and will receive his/her prize via U.S. mail to his/her US resident address within two weeks from BlogHer's receipt of the Prize Notification and Release agreement executed by each Winner. Prize shipping costs will be paid for by BlogHer.
6. General Conditions: By participating, entrants agree neither BlogHer nor its respective shareholders, agents and representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, or legal advisors are responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of BlogHer that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion; (iv) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Promotion, acceptance, possession, or use of the prize. BlogHer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Promotion at any time. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and BlogHer in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
By accepting the Promotion Prize, except where legally prohibited, winner grants permission (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) to BlogHer and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade publicity, promotional and commercial purposes without additional compensation, in connection with the running or advertising of this Promotion. Winner shall be required to complete an affidavit or declaration of eligibility/liability release and, except where prohibited, a publicity release and such other documents as may be required by BlogHer. Required documents must be signed and received by BlogHer within 10 days of the date printed on the prize notification. Failure to execute or timely return the prize notification documentation may result in forfeiture of prize. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash or credit. All necessary taxes and duties on the prize, and any other costs associated with maintaining or operating the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. BlogHer is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners.
7. Disclosure. Winner acknowledges and agrees that he/she is not required to make any statements about, or provide any opinions regarding, the Prize, any such statements and/or opinions being Winner’s sole decision. If Winner is employed by, works for, or provides content to, any means of mass communication, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, television or the Internet, including, without limitation Winner’s blog (collectively, the “Media”), then Winner will not speak about or refer to the Prize, directly or indirectly, in such capacity through the Media, without disclosing that Winner won the Prize in connection with the Promotion.
8. For name of winner, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: BlogHer Attn: The $100 Question: Worst Work-Life Balance Mistake Ever? Promotion Request, 1301 Shoreway Rd., Ste 340, Belmont, CA 94002.
9. Sponsor: BlogHer, Inc.
1301 Shoreway Rd Ste 340
Belmont, CA 94002
Tel: (650) 551-1364
© 2009 BlogHer, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BLOGHER is a trademark of BlogHer, Inc.
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Melissa Ford
Our bloggers brought Dixie Ultra Moments® into their lives and showed how the premium coordinating designs on plates, napkins and cups bring style to any occasion. Go ahead. Celebrate with style and strength! Read more
Recent Comments on BlogHer
Switch to mobile view.