11 Ways to Stay Connected with College Kids
I wish I'd known then what I know now. You CAN stay connected when they go off to college. Here are 11 ways to harass and stalk your college kids.
- Post pictures of the two of you on their FB page to remind them how much you love and adore them.
- When you call and they don't have time to talk to you, call them right back and leave a long, detailed message of what you ate that day.
- If they had a favorite bedtime story as a child, tweet parts of it to their twitter feed right before you go to bed.
- If that doesn't work, post an embarrassing picture of them asleep with their mouth open or nude in the bathtub.
- Make sure you tell your child on a regular basis how much fun you are having remodeling their room. What trophies?
- Mail them a reminder of you now and then. Send them one of the precious items they made you while they were in elementary school. It's a great way to clean out all of their
- Send them postcards of all the exotic places they aren't getting to see..... Like their bedroom....
- Care packages are a great idea, too. Send them souvenirs from your travels. Shower caps, shampoo, notepads from hotel rooms.
- When they come home for a visit, have a cab waiting at the airport with the address for the closest hotel along with a list of your favorite restaurants.
- Send them photos of the family pets that say, "we're looking for you."
- Every Christmas, give them a new framed photo of you for their bedside table, preferably in a frame that says, "Remember Me?"
This is just the beginning. How do you stay in touch with your college kids?
Thanks so much for reading,
Kim @ CoziNest