By Jerrilynn on January 04, 2012
Depending on who you read or listen to, opinions are divided on whether 12-21-2012 will be the end of time. But for argument's sake, let's assume it's true. What would you want to accomplish before December? Here are a few thoughts I had on the subject.
1. Have grilled cheese and tomato soup and use your good china. Why not? What are you saving the "good stuff" for? And who ever came up with the rule that the good china can only be used for special occasions?
2. Tell a woman you know that she's beautiful. Too few women hear this on a regular basis if at all. So what if the world doesn't end? You still made a woman's day.
3. Snuggle with your pets. Lay down on the floor with them. Let them get all the kisses they want. If nothing else, you've managed to lower your own blood pressure.
4. Go to the theater. It doesn't matter if it's a play, ballet, or the opera. Attend an artistic perfomance and revel in the talent.
5. Hold hands. Hold your husband's hand in the grocery store parking lot. It's not just for teenagers!!
6. Eat a brownie. I don't care if one of this year's resolutions was to lose weight. For just a few moments, enjoy a big, gooey, fudgey brownie! Savor it!
7. Pay for an elderly person's groceries. I'm not saying pick the person with three cart loads full...but we've all seen the elderly woman in line counting her change to cover the amount. Help her out.
8. Celebrate your birthday. As women, most of us begin skipping the celebration as we age. No more!!! After all, every birthday that you're on this side of the grass is a reason to celebrate!
9. Plant a flower. They're beautiful. It doesn't matter if you're in an apartment...use an old coffee cup!
10. Kiss your kids. Often. It doesn't matter how old they are, give them a hug and a kiss every chance you get!
So that's a few of my ideas for this special year. Do you have any to add? Let me know!!