14 Simple Tips for Sustainable Living
By Living Green w Baby on September 08, 2012
Moms and dads: remember the 4 Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink
1. Compost all organic scraps and leftovers from your kitchen and garden including lawn clippings. Stay away from breads and meats as it may attract rats to your composter and home.
2. Use plants to filter air instead of an electric air filter: http://www.livinggreenwithbaby.com/clean-air-green-air-some-plants-can-a...
3. Use natural or ‘organic’ home cleaners: http://www.livinggreenwithbaby.com/15-items-that-will-keep-your-home-cle...
4. Use less or no Styrofoam
5. Recycle materials: learn what your city or county recycles, where and how and separate paper, metals, plastic and glass accordingly; and teach your children about the importance of recycling
6. Opt for paperless billing and pay your bills online
7. Collect rainwater and reuse for garden watering or even flushing your toilet; and teach your children about the importance of water conservation
8. Shut off unused appliances: according to http://www.livegreen.iastate.edu/living/go/docs/10WaystoStartLivingGreen... a. Gaming consoles can cost $250 a year.
9. If possible air dry clothes: http://www.livinggreenwithbaby.com/ten-simple-ways-busy-moms-can-go-green/
10. Use recycled materials: when shopping from anything from clothes, house supplies to tools-choose products labeled “Made from recycled material”
11. Eat local produce-you will support your local economy, cut down on carbon footprint and save money too
12. Participate in a community outreach activity with your children
13. Plant a tree with your children
14. Encourage a green living activity in your children’s school or in the community – spread the word!!!
By many small differences we can all together make a big difference
The $100 Question: Dwana From Healthier Happier You Wants To Know What You Do To Protect The Environment
More Like This
Recent Posts by Living Green w Baby
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more