15 Books for Chronicling Your Life
By JessicaNTurner on January 18, 2013
I love books that are "projects" and help you easily document your story. I find myself drawn to them in bookstores and often can't resist buying one or two a year. With it being New Year's Eve, I thought it was the perfect day to share my favorite 15 books to help you chronicle life. Consider ordering one and documenting 2013 in a quick and easy way.
- Q and A a Day: 5-Year Journal or the kids version One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book: This is sort of like a Project Life journal. This book gives you a line for every day of the year for 5 years to record something - totally doable. It's just one sentence. I think it would make a great addition to any memory keeper's nightstand.
- The Happiness Project One-Sentence Journal: A Five-Year Record: This is another version of the aforementioned memory book, only it encourages that your one sentence be about something happy from your day.
- Mom's One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book: This is similar to the line a day book, but is geared toward documenting stories from your child(ren)'s days.
- Carpe Diem Journal: This is a beautiful journal with encouraging words throughout. Love it.
- Gratitude: A Journal or for kids My First Gratitude Journal: A Write-in, Draw-in Gratitude Journal for Kids: After reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts, the importance of writing down things we are grateful for really stuck with me. I love these two journals - one for adults and one for kids.
- Journal of Awesome: This journal looks so fun. It has inspiration prompts and encouraging words about life's simple joys. Another great gratitude journal option.
- Starting Today: A Journal of Intention and Change: This journal encourages you to write down daily intentions through insightful prompts and quotes.
- 5: Where Will You Be Five Years from Today?: This is a book I am going to fill out this month. I have had it sitting on my bookshelf, empty, for about 3 years. It's time!
- One Sketch a Day: A Visual Journal: If you or someone you know is a drawer, this journal is perfect.
- My Garden: A Five-Year Journal: This is a journal dedicated to documenting your garden - what you plant, how you plant, etc. Perfect if you have a green thumb.
- My Quotable Kid: A Parents' Journal of Unforgetable Quotes: I have blogged about this book several times, but it has to be mentioned. If you are looking for a fun book to record all the funny things your child says, this is it.
- Project Life: If you want more than a book to record life's memories, Project Life is your answer. For more on Project Life, click here.
I should note that many of these books are published by Chronicle Books, one of my favorite publishers. They have no idea I am writing this post, but man, I love their books!!
More Like This
Recent Posts by JessicaNTurner
Most Popular on BlogHer
In case you haven't heard a Oklahoma teen boy bragged about raping someone and no one is doing anything about it