- Smoothies: Overly ripe bananas are sweet so adding them to a summer smoothie is the perfect use!
- Bread: One of my favorite breads to make, banana bread can be healthy and totally amazing!
- Ice Cream: Smooth. Creamy. Dreamy. Ice cream is one of my favorite things to make at home, it's easy and I know exactly what is going into my dessert.
- Pudding: There are fantastic recipes out there for banana pudding, leaving the Old-fashioned-ness behind and going forward with a much more decadent dessert!
- Muffins: Muffins can be made as healthy, or as fattening as you want! Mixing with another fruit or nut brings banana muffins to a whole new level.
- Cream Pie: Cream and Pie? Is there anything left to say? Add chocolate, or carmel or top with almonds. So delicious.
- Banana Foster: Oh one of my absolute favorite desserts! This is not a low cal dessert, but for the occasional indulge...you cannot get anything better!
- Cake/Cupcake: Banana cake or cupcakes are incredibly full of flavor. The bananas add moisture and sweetness.
- Fritters: Oh yes, banana fritters are just as good as apple fritters.
- Compote: Banana compote on breakfast or desserts is simply amazing.
- Pancakes/Waffles/French toast: Whether you bake them mixed in to the batter, or simply top your breakfast with compote, it's a win!
- Cookies: The sweetness of the aging bananas is the perfect natural sugar for wholesome cookies.
- Breakfast Bars/ Protein Bars: Nothing like a healthy grab and go breakfast.
- Frozen Banana Pops: Yep, you can freeze them and roll them in chocolate and nuts, or coconut, or sprinkles.
- Dog Treats: Lets not leave our furry friends out of this, here is a recipe for all-natural, gluten free dog treats! Tundra loved them.
15 Things to do with overly ripe bananas
I despise looking at brown bananas. They look pathetic really, but rather than tossing them there are some great recipes for their use.
I will post some of these recipes in the next few days; I have an abundance of overly ripe organic bananas that I do not want to waste!
ADD A COMMENT
Simply Beverages™ use never-from-concentrate juices in all of their beverages. And they never add any preservatives, colors or artificial flavors. Read our bloggers' posts and find fun beverage recipes you can serve this summer! Plus get a chance to win $100. Read more