- Smoothies: Overly ripe bananas are sweet so adding them to a summer smoothie is the perfect use!
- Bread: One of my favorite breads to make, banana bread can be healthy and totally amazing!
- Ice Cream: Smooth. Creamy. Dreamy. Ice cream is one of my favorite things to make at home, it's easy and I know exactly what is going into my dessert.
- Pudding: There are fantastic recipes out there for banana pudding, leaving the Old-fashioned-ness behind and going forward with a much more decadent dessert!
- Muffins: Muffins can be made as healthy, or as fattening as you want! Mixing with another fruit or nut brings banana muffins to a whole new level.
- Cream Pie: Cream and Pie? Is there anything left to say? Add chocolate, or carmel or top with almonds. So delicious.
- Banana Foster: Oh one of my absolute favorite desserts! This is not a low cal dessert, but for the occasional indulge...you cannot get anything better!
- Cake/Cupcake: Banana cake or cupcakes are incredibly full of flavor. The bananas add moisture and sweetness.
- Fritters: Oh yes, banana fritters are just as good as apple fritters.
- Compote: Banana compote on breakfast or desserts is simply amazing.
- Pancakes/Waffles/French toast: Whether you bake them mixed in to the batter, or simply top your breakfast with compote, it's a win!
- Cookies: The sweetness of the aging bananas is the perfect natural sugar for wholesome cookies.
- Breakfast Bars/ Protein Bars: Nothing like a healthy grab and go breakfast.
- Frozen Banana Pops: Yep, you can freeze them and roll them in chocolate and nuts, or coconut, or sprinkles.
- Dog Treats: Lets not leave our furry friends out of this, here is a recipe for all-natural, gluten free dog treats! Tundra loved them.
15 Things to do with overly ripe bananas
By Raising Amelia Rose on August 03, 2013
I despise looking at brown bananas. They look pathetic really, but rather than tossing them there are some great recipes for their use.
I will post some of these recipes in the next few days; I have an abundance of overly ripe organic bananas that I do not want to waste!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Lean Cuisine believes that women should be valued for their accomplishments as opposed to their weight/appearance. Lean Cuisine's new brand campaign Feed Your PhenomenalTM reflects its new brand purpose: to feed the greatness in every woman. Check out our bloggers' posts and see how they measure their true worth plus learn how you could win a $100. Read more
Most Popular on Gluten-Free
Recent Comments on Gluten-Free
By Kalyn Denny
By Kalyn Denny