15 Things That Make You Feel Old (and Young)
By LoveThatMax on June 02, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
- When your kid's studying history from the '80s ... the 1980s.
- "Here's your change, ma'am." (Or any sentence involving the word "ma'am.")
- Justin Bieber
- The day you realize your child is more technologically advanced than you are
- Unearthing a thong in your undies drawer from your dating days
- Any "Girls Night Out" that ends up devoted to conversation about the kids (and makes you oddly sentimental about Jell-O shots)
- The moment you utter the words "Because I'm your mother and I said so!" Poof! Old.
- Forever 21
- The week before you're due at the salon for your dye job
- When the kids think your wedding video is a laugh riot –- and you can't blame them; chances are your up-up-up-up-updo was visible from space
- Reaching the next age bracket for surveys/polls
- Yelling at teens in the neighborhood to stop speeding
- High school/college/any reunions
- When you're both too tired for sex
And 15 Things That Make You Feel Young
- Sleeping late
- Tinted moisturizer
- The photo retouch button
- Going on the swings at the playground with the kids. Bonus points if you still fit down the slide.
- Teddies (the kind you wear)
- Blasting the stereo when you have the house to yourself (Blasting Barry Manilow –- not so much)
- Little old ladies
- Dancing next to little old ladies in Zumba class
- Fruit smoothies with wheat grass shots and/or doing Jell-O shots at PTA meetings
- Watching Glee
- Fooling around in the car/at the movies/anyplace that's not your bed
- Your fave pair of jeans, the ones you still fit into
- "I can't believe you have an eight-year-old!"
OK, what makes you feel old/young?
More Like This
Recent Posts by LoveThatMax
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Marriage and Commitment
Recent Comments on Marriage and Commitment
THE HOSTS OF
OWN YOUR BEAUTY
OWN YOUR BEAUTY