15 Things That Make You Feel Old (and Young)
By LoveThatMax on June 02, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
- When your kid's studying history from the '80s ... the 1980s.
- "Here's your change, ma'am." (Or any sentence involving the word "ma'am.")
- Justin Bieber
- The day you realize your child is more technologically advanced than you are
- Unearthing a thong in your undies drawer from your dating days
- Any "Girls Night Out" that ends up devoted to conversation about the kids (and makes you oddly sentimental about Jell-O shots)
- The moment you utter the words "Because I'm your mother and I said so!" Poof! Old.
- Forever 21
- The week before you're due at the salon for your dye job
- When the kids think your wedding video is a laugh riot –- and you can't blame them; chances are your up-up-up-up-updo was visible from space
- Reaching the next age bracket for surveys/polls
- Yelling at teens in the neighborhood to stop speeding
- High school/college/any reunions
- When you're both too tired for sex
And 15 Things That Make You Feel Young
- Sleeping late
- Tinted moisturizer
- The photo retouch button
- Going on the swings at the playground with the kids. Bonus points if you still fit down the slide.
- Teddies (the kind you wear)
- Blasting the stereo when you have the house to yourself (Blasting Barry Manilow –- not so much)
- Little old ladies
- Dancing next to little old ladies in Zumba class
- Fruit smoothies with wheat grass shots and/or doing Jell-O shots at PTA meetings
- Watching Glee
- Fooling around in the car/at the movies/anyplace that's not your bed
- Your fave pair of jeans, the ones you still fit into
- "I can't believe you have an eight-year-old!"
OK, what makes you feel old/young?
More Like This
Recent Posts by LoveThatMax
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Love & Sex
Recent Comments on Love & Sex
THE HOSTS OF
OWN YOUR BEAUTY
OWN YOUR BEAUTY