20 Environmental/Green Nonprofit YouTube Channels
One of my many favorite things about my new iPhone (wahoo!) is that it's easy to watch my YouTube subscriptions. Whenever I need a little pick me up, I watch videos of the new kitties who are ready for adoption through a local organization, Maine Coon Adoptions, where we got our first cat.
You can't beat video for pulling at your heartstrings, which is why it can be a powerful tool for organizations with the time, money and skills to post videos on a regular basis.
While preparing to teach a social media webinar recently, I discovered quite a few environmental/green nonprofits that have YouTube channels. Inspired by the post, 80+ Environmental Organizations to Follow on Twitter on Planetsave, I thought I'd share the list with you.
- Brower Youth Awards (a project of Earth Island Institute)
- charity: water
- Defenders of Wildlife
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Friends of the Earth
- Green Festivals
- Green for All
- Greenpeace USA
- The Humane Society of the United States
- Nature Convervancy
- People's Grocery
- Rainforest Action Network
- San Francisco Zoo
- Save the Bay
- Sierra Club
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- Women's Earth Alliance
- World Wildlife Fund
Let me know if I missed any.
- Top 10 YouTube Videos for Social Good on Mashable
- How Nonprofits Can Use Youtube’s Call-To-Action feature by John Haydon
- Webinar: Crafting a Nonprofit Video Strategy on the see3 communications blog
- Launching a Nonprofit Video Contest by Michael Hoffman on frogloop