2012, Thank You!
By MsTrinkaV on January 02, 2013
2012 is finished.
Usually endings signal a desire to reflect back on what has been, lessons learned, resolutions, goals, etc. However, endings create opportunities for beginnings. I'm a firm believer not in holding on to the past but learning from it. Since we were blessed to see 2013, we should face it wiser, smarter and with a renewed spirit!
I would love for you to share some of your reflections here. Your story gives another strength and permission to open up as well. Let's see. I guess I'll start by telling you what WHAT 2012 TAUGHT ME:
- Strength is readily available. When I had moments of weakness, God's strength carried me. His strength can come through His Word, preachers, teachers, songs, family, friends or just by embracing a beautiful day.
- I really do like to cook! It's calming. I love that it's another outlet for creative expression. Every now and then, my dishes are even a big hit with my family and friends! Right? lol
- God's will WILL be done! Bottom line!
- Don't let fear stop you! God did not give us a spirit of fear. Therefore, when you feel scared, keep moving forward in the knowledge that the fear is not your truth.
- Fortune cookies sometimes carry helpful words. :-) "Never hang on too long. Never let go too soon."
- You cannot rush the process. Everything happens in God's timing.
- Love can be peaceful, joyful and so consuming that it overwhelms you. If this was the only thing 2012 taught me, I'd still be abundantly grateful for this year!
What has 2012 taught you, friends?
Trinka Polite ~~Poet & Author
*~There's a blessing in the journey~*
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Mom has a lot to check off her list this Summer, and Kellogg's cereal can help her get it done. How will you make the most of your Summer? Check out our blog posts as we share with you inspirational ideas for celebrating the moments of magic that will happen during this activity-filled time of year! PLUS enter for a chance to win as $100 Walmart gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Work/Life
Recent Comments on Work/Life