21 Reasons to Have More Sex!
By DianaAnderson33 on June 25, 2014
Featured Member Post
Sometimes for us ladies it is good to be reminded that sex is good for our health, wellbeing, looks, and our hearts . It's totally doable to adjust our attitude and forgo a few more minutes of sleep or watching TV in lieu of some good romping in the hay, all in the name of healthy living. In addition to the possibility of great pleasure, sex is important for many other reasons. Here is a list of a few of the many benefits of having sex and orgasms.
- Sex increases oxygen in the body.
- Sex increases your heart rate and improves heart health.
- Sex releases mood enhancing chemicals such as endorphins and oxytocin.
- Regular sex improves loving relationships. Your love life is as important as your relationship. Many relationships dry up and fade away without regular sex. Sex creates a stronger, deeper bond for you and for him. Sex is a need for males, as much as feeling connected and loved is for us.
- Sex can relieve a headache, stress and other tension related pain. An orgasm releases oxytocin which is a natural pain reliever. Next time you have pain, go to bed, with your partner. With a headache it is most affective to have sex when the headache is beginning and not after it has developed into something grand. Often sex is not an option when a headache initiates. If you are at dinner and a tension headache begins, you can’t exactly grab your partner and run off to the bedroom. You could consider excusing yourself to the restroom and masturbate. The release of sexual tension often will alleviate other tension in the body. This technique may not work with headaches that are not caused by tension, such as migraines or dehydration headaches.
- Sex boosts your immune system. Swapping saliva and bodily fluids boosts your immune response.
- Sex increases circulation.
- Sex can burn up to one hundred calories in thirty minutes (more if you're really into it).
- Sex builds a bonding connection with oxytocin.
- Sex builds self-esteem and confidence by helping you feel desirable and sexier. Boosting self-esteem was one of 237 reasons why people have sex according to research conducted by University of Texas and published in Archives of Sexual Behavior.
- Sex strengthens the pelvic floor muscle and helps with bladder control.
- Sex helps you sleep better.
- Sex creates relaxation.
- Regular sex helps you produce more testosterone and sexual desire. That’s right, you have testosterone too and it is what makes us want more sex. Use it or lose it.
- Sex releases emotional aggression. It is much more than a physical release.
- Sex keeps menstrual periods more regular.
- Sex slows the aging process according to Secrets of the Super young, neurophysiologist David Weeks, M.D., of Scotland's Royal Edinburgh Hospital, with regular sex shaving 4 to 7 years off your appearance.
- Sex increases the pleasure you get out of life, physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Sex creates healthier hair, skin, nails for both of you and healthier sperm for him.
- Sex accesses deep parts of your authenticity through breaking down your walls, inhibitions and self-doubt. When a man can really see and open you, he can unlock the doors to your inner chambers to reveal your radiance.
- Sex can bring you to higher consciousness through moving Kundalini energy up the body and sending powerful energy from your lower chakra to your highest chakra.
Image: Jean Koulev via Flickr
With the exception of sexually transmitted diseases, there aren't really many negative side effects of consensual sex. So have more sex--it is super good for you!!
For more details about the benefits of sex, see my book, Your Secret Chamber.
Write down which of these benefits you would like to gain from sex.
Diana Anderson coaches women on sexuality, deep intimacy and relationship dynamics. She is the author of Deep Sex, Always in the Mood, Your Secret Chamber and other books. Visit her at www.dianaanderson.com
More Like This
Recent Posts by DianaAnderson33
Most Popular on BlogHer
Michelin wants to remind drivers that whether or not your first (or current!) car is in the best condition, your tires should be. The MICHELIN Premier LTX provides exceptional levels of safety even as tires wear down, making them safe when new and safe when worn*. Even when worn, the MICHELIN Premier LTX still stops shorter on wet roads than leading competitors’ new tires. Read our bloggers' posts as they talk about their #FirstCarMoments plus get a chance to win a set of Michelin tires! Read more