35 Things I’m Happy I Learned By Age 35
By talesofordinarymagic on February 15, 2013
Since today is my 35th birthday, I thought it appropriate to compile a list of the most valuable wisdom I’ve amassed on my journey so far. My twenty-something self would’ve never believed that I would be happily welcoming 35; but then again, I hadn’t yet gained most of these insights until I entered my thirties…. The reality is ignorance isn’t bliss, ignorance is pain. As I aligned with the truths below I saw my life begin to transform into into a healthy, inspiring life full of love, deepening friendships, adventure, and unabashed creative passion. Turns out 35 isn’t scary; 35 is PRIMETIME!
1. What you put out to the world, you get back.
2. There is no point in comparing yourself to others; we are all on our own unique journey.
3. Forgiveness is for you, not the other person. Learn to forgive and you will free yourself from the chains of the past.
4. Take time to discover your purpose. A life without purpose is a life of despair. Purpose is different than ambition. Ambition may bring in the big bucks, but something will still be missing. A purpose driven life creates an abundance of meaning and fulfillment.
5. Truth-seeking is neither comfortable nor popular, but it’s worth it.
6. Lead with your heart, not your mind. Your heart won’t lead you astray.
7. Your life doesn’t need to look like anyone else’s- if you follow your heart, it won’t.
8. Life really does begin at the edge of your comfort zone. Push yourself to explore the corners of the earth and that which lies within you.
9. Friends change. Celebrate the good times and let go. Letting go makes space for new people who are in a present time alignment to enter your life.
10. Exercise is always a good idea.
11. On a planet where everything is telling you otherwise- you are enough.
12. What you resist will persist. What you fear will appear.
13. GO FOR IT. There are no mistakes; the only mistake is doing nothing.
14. Don’t take things personally. It’s not about you.
15. Be the beginner- the beginner never fails.
16. You can’t change anyone except yourself. Change yourself and watch your world around you change.
17. Everything in life you do for you.
18. Like a seesaw, as belief in yourself goes up, competition goes down.
19. Neutrality is the key to consciousness.
20. Every relationship is a mirror. Whatever judgments you have about others are reflecting that which exists inside you. Use your resistances as a map to direct you where you need to heal.
21. There is nothing like a dog’s love.
22. Be grateful. The more grateful you are, the more you get.
23. When you lie, the only person you are fooling is yourself.
24. Real happiness only exists in the present moment. If you are anxious or fearful, you are in the future. If you are resentful or sad, you are stuck in the past.
25. There is no greater power than spiritual truth.
26. Dance, Dance, Dance. Whatever you do, don’t stop dancing.
27. Everything is energy. And the energies we don’t see are more powerful than the ones we do see.
28. Ingesting toxic substances makes the whole world seem dim. Genuinely happy people do not destroy their bodies every weekend in the name of fun.
29. To have complete trust your in a romantic partnership is the greatest gift. It frees your mind of worry, making way for inspiration. I’ve yet to find anything as fleeting or as satisfying as inspiration.
30. Make art, music and love as much as possible.
31. Don’t look for an amazing person to come into your life. Be an amazing person.
32. Perfect is an illusion that stunts your growth. Life is messy, it’s a process- say yes to life and dig in.
33. Net worth doesn’t equate to self worth. Authenticity, vulnerability, and integrity do.
34. Ailments of the body are connected to unbalanced thinking in the mind.
35. Change is one of the few things that remains constant. Welcome it.
More Like This
Recent Posts by talesofordinarymagic
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more