5 Best Body Butters for Soft Skin
By shadaan on March 15, 2013
Win Win For Your Skin
A single product with this many uses is really a gift for your skin (and I'll bet your pocketbook won't complain much either). A body butter can be made with as little as 2 ingredients, and because it is water free, doesn't need preservatives. It does however, require a little more effort with application than a cream. You have to work it in, but if you think of this as a mini-massage, then it's really more of a benefit than a bother.
As for uses, here 10 reasons to have a pure and simple body butter around:
1. Hand Care
- For everyday use: a tiny amount will soak right in without feeling greasy
- If you have dry hands, apply a larger amount as night cream
- If you have extremely dry hands, apply a generous amount and put on cotton gloves before going to bed for an all-night moisturizing boost
2. To Soften Dry Patches
Body butter is perfect for smoothing and soothing dry, flaky elbows, heels, toes – anywhere you need an extra moisture injection. Apply a small amount at a time and gently massage in until absorbed. This is more effective than 'greasing up'.
3. Foot Care
- Daily use: apply a small amount to freshly washed feet and work in all over to keep skin supple
- Once a month: work a generous amount in after a foot soak and cover with cotton socks for an all-night moisture treatment
4. Cuticle Softener
Work a small amount into each finger/toe after washing or soaking and finish by gently pushing back cuticles
5. Eye Make-up Remover
Apply a small amount of body butter to a moistened cotton round and gently remove eye-make-up. This will not only dissolve water-proof mascara, but condition your lashes as well.
More Like This
Recent Posts by shadaan
Most Popular on BlogHer
Nate Berkus brings his celebrated style to LG’s premium line of kitchen appliances. See how our bloggers incorporated this style with with just a few simple tweaks. Enter "My Kitchen Needs Nate" contest for a chance to win an ultimate dream kitchen. Read more