5 Dating Tips For Introverts
By La Buena Vida on January 29, 2014
A lot of dating experts give people advice on how to navigate the crazy world of dating and relationships. They tell people what to say or what not to say on a date and offer tips on how to get a person's attention and attract an emotionally mature partner. All of this is great and useful information. But the thing all of these experts have in common is that they're ALL ignorning a large segment of the dating population -- INTROVERTS!
An introvert is a quiet and introspective thinker that lives in the world of thoughts and ideas. These people typically avoid parties and social gatherings like the plague—and if they do go to a party, they often feel drained and low on energy very quickly. Dating is a little bit different for these people. Here are some dating tips for introverts!
1. Confidence: If you don’t have confidence, you don’t have anything. Whether you’re an introvert or an extrovert--confidence is key! People can tell in a matter of seconds whether you value yourself or not. You must be confident in who you are and what you stand for--even though we live in a culture that values quick decision-making and constant talking. Blah, Blah, Blah! You provide insight, wisdom and thinking--people can learn a lot from you! So be proud of the gift you were born with.
2. Find A VERY Extroverted Partner (I’ve seen many introverts go in this direction): Extroverts love people. They need to be around people at all times. They will become the center of your social world and help you navigate the extroverted world. In you, they feel they have a partner that they really know. You can also teach them the value of silence and reflection.
3. Join Clubs Or Groups That Interest You: Love Chess? Join a group. Writing classes? Go for it! Book Club? Yes! You will find many introverts like you in these settings. SciFi Clubs? Are you kidding me? Yes, go there!
4. Be Brave And Take Chances: As proud as you should be of being a thinking and reflective introvert, it is also important to be brave and do something out of your comfort zone ever so often. If you like someone, just ask them out. If they say “No,” keep going. Rejection is a part of life and learning to deal with that rejection is important in becoming a healthy human being.
5. Love Yourself: Look at everything about yourself as a positive—because it is! You can’t love others until you love yourself. Here are some positive introvert qualities:
-You can stop and think for long periods of time before making a decision. That’s wonderful! This thinking will help you avoid a lot of pain and mistakes in your life.
-You can also sit quietly for hours and hours at a time and just master new skills! That sounds great to me too!
-You are a wonderful listener and wise friend. Wouldn’t you like a person like this in your life? Of course!
Now go out there and meet people!
More Like This
Recent Posts by La Buena Vida
Most Popular on BlogHer
Lean Cuisine believes that women should be valued for their accomplishments as opposed to their weight/appearance. Lean Cuisine's new brand campaign Feed Your PhenomenalTM reflects its new brand purpose: to feed the greatness in every woman. Check out our bloggers' posts and see how they measure their true worth plus learn how you could win a $100. Read more