5 EASY Ways to Look Younger, Be Leaner, Dress Cuter, Get Smarter, and Feel Better
#1: LOOK BETTER — Make your own exfoliant: The exfoliant I make myself makes my skin ridiculously soft and positively glowing. Without measuring a thing; I mix up used coffee grounds, chopped cucumber, lemon juice, plain yogurt, and raw honey in my food processor until it forms a thick paste. According to Natural Living for Women:
- coffee grounds are antibacterial, exfoliating and stimulating to the skin.
- lemon juice provides an astringent quality plus the vitamin C provides a boost.
- honey is healing and soothing along with an ability to help skin retain moisture.
- yogurt contains lactic acid which help skin slough off dead skin cells.
- cucumber provides cooling and astringent qualities.
I slather the mixture on my clean face and let it sit for about ten minutes. Then using a circular motion with my fingers, I lightly massage my face and neck for about two minutes and rinse with warm water. My face feels great and looks a million times better — and I saved a little money!
#2: BE LEANER — Make a quick and tasty whole grain bowl of goodness: For dinner last night, I threw this hearty, fiber-filled, weight loss-promoting bowl of spelt angel hair pasta, 6-bean medley, marinara sauce, basil pesto, and grated Parmesan cheese together in less than ten minutes.
- 190 calories: 2 oz. dry VitaSpelt dry whole grain pasta
- 160 calories: 1/2 cup Trader joes six bean medley white kidney, cranberry, red kidney, black, white navy, and black-eyed beans
- 45 calories: 1/2 cup Trader Joes organic tomato basic sauce
- 60 calories: 1 teaspoon basil pesto – olive oil, sunflower oil, pine nuts, sea salt, garlic, pecorino cheese (pre-made)
455 calories containing good fats, an extra large dose of protein and fiber, and so filling you won’t be craving anything after dinner!
#3: DRESS CUTER — Denim shorts? Sounds a bit crazy, but I just tried on the longer pair shown above at the Gap and they were really flattering and cute! And on every Wednesday until mid May, the Gap will give you an extra 40% off one regular priced in store item, making these hotsy trostsy shorts only $29.70!
#4: GET SMARTER — Read a book that discusses what success will require in the future: I’m currently reading this book and learning about how we have left the Information Age (thank goodness, my underdeveloped left-brain thinking wasn’t getting me too far!) and have entered the Conceptual Age, where right-brainers will rule the future! I like it!
#5: FEEL BETTER — Buy and use products that give something back: This personalized plate is not only stylish and unbreakable; a percentage of all sales are donated to organizations that support women’s and children’s health.
by Kami Gray
TV/Film Wardrobe Stylist & Personal Image Consultant: http://kamigray.com/
Author of The Denim Diet: Sixteen Simple Habits to Get You Into Your Dream Pair of Jeans