5 Minute Mom Make-Up
By happykidsinc on March 11, 2013
I would consider myself a make-up junkie. I LOVE make-up. I shop at Sephora and Nordstrom whenever I can. I am a monthly Birchbox subscriber. But I'm also a Mom to three young children as well as owning a small business. So we all know how that compromises one's time.
Too many times I have gotten up each morning and immediately jumped into "kid mode", barely giving myself time to brush my teeth and hair. And why? Because I felt I didn't have enough time for make-up. Of course, there is not time for a full blown, heavily made up face. But that doesn't make sense for daytime anyway.
So, below I give you my 5 Minute Make-up Routine. I've narrowed it down to must-have, can't live without products that are quick to use and get you the most bang for your time. I list them in order of application.
1. Dr. Hauschka's Toned Day Cream. Dr. Hauschka is a German company whose products rely on natural plant minerals and oils to create their products. They also believe in natural sunscreen protection, like titanium dioxide (a key ingredient in this product). I love their toned day cream. It wakes up my skin, provides light, even coverage, and provides sun protection. I sometimes dust with a little loose powder to finish it off, but often, I can go without and still have a great look. Mom Make-Up Time: 45 seconds
2. Tarte Cheek Stain. This product is reminiscent of rouge from the 70's....but it's updated. It gives you that natural "rosy cheek" glow in an eco-friendly formula. Just swirl a quick spot of color on and lightly blend. It comes in a variety of shades, but I like "Flush". Mom Make-Up Time: 40 seconds
3. Bare Escentuals Eye Shadow in Nude Beach. This is a loose shimmer eye shadow and I absolutely love this color for everyday. Their line prides itself on plant-based minerals and no preservatives. If you don't love the shimmer, they have matte and sheen shadows, too. Mom Make-Up Time: 55 seconds
4. Mac Mascara. I have been a long time Mac user and fan. I have loved their mascara for it's value and wearability. They have many to choose from, but theirStudio Fix is a solid favorite. Mom Make-Up Time: 1 minute
5. Bobbi Brown Lipstick in Beige. Again, another long standing favorite, I love Bobbi Brown lipstick. It wears SOOO well! I like the beige because you can finish with any color gloss and create a new look. But it's also great alone as a nice, muted color. Mom Make-Up Time: 25 seconds
6. Too Faced Glamour Gloss. Mmmm, it smells like vanilla and provides a glossy finish that isn't sticky. Comes in a wide range of colors that are good aloneor over lipstick. Mom Make-Up Time: 20 seconds
Total Mom Make-Up Time: 4 minutes, 5 seconds (but add on "transition time" in between products and you are comfortably at 5 minutes)
**Note: all product images are linked to their original websites and users
More Like This
Recent Posts by happykidsinc
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Makeup
Recent Comments on Makeup