5 Things that Changed my 11 minute pace to 8
Amber @ Fit, Foodie Runs
Comes visit me at: http://www.fitfoodieruns.com
Happy day to you!
Since my big move (and our lack of internet) I haven’t kept up with my fitness stats to you so I now have to play a little catch up. (I’m really happy to be “logged on” again!)
A few weeks ago, I went on the best run of my life.
Some days, you just feel like running I suppose.
What changed my 11-13 minute mile runs to 8:00?
A few things:
- New neighborhood: My old route would have a stop sign every 50 ft and I would “waste” seconds or longer stopping to look for on coming traffic.
- Available sidewalks: I can run for a very long time before I reach a street corner
- Safety: My old route, I was constantly looking for people/cars/animals etc. My new route I feel safe to run
- Freedom: With all these new changes, I feel free to let go and run without judgement or care from anyone
- Clean Eating: I can’t stress this enough! No matter where you are or where you run, this is one variable that you can control! Eating whole foods has helped my body feel and perform better!
It was one of my most beautiful runs where everything just lined up well, great.
Two days later still on my high (head), I ran out and only managed 9:30 per mile and huffed and puffed the whole time. What was happening? How could this be? I came home and was sick. I mean sick – dehydrated and overheated. I should have taken into consideration different temperatures for sure!
After that run, I attended a tw0-day conference for running coaches (more to come soon) and held off on running due to the early morning/late weekend event.
This morning, I was able to go for a run, 2.5 miles at 14 minute pace! WHAT?! It was super hard to breathe and very heavy outside so I decided a comfortable conversational pace would be appropriate. Can we say welcome August with lots of humidity!
I’m looking forward to September to beat the heat and also so celebrate Skirt Sport’s 10 year anniversary!
When: September 13, 14 or 15 2014
Where: Virtually Anywhere! (Or you can join them in Boulder, CO – On my wish list!)
What: 10k or 10 miler
Skirt Sports has amazing skirts that make my butt look good while running. I don’t know how else to say that. I always feel so beautiful in their skirts and I have not once had to use anything like glide! But enough about my love for their products let me tell you why they are also one of my favorite top notch companies:
When you sign up for their 10k or 10 miler Anniversary Run, you are signing up to make a difference in someones life. <– BAM! That is powerful!
“A portion of each entry will help to fund our Kick Start Program, where we mentor and support our Skirt Sisters looking to get their run on, many for the first time in their lives.”
Paying it forward has never felt so good!
BONUS: Rewards for you for signing up:
Go ahead, pick one!
- Sponsor Swag
- Great newsletter on tips, advice and the latest (Believe me, you always want to be connect with Skirt Sports!)
- Skirt Sports gift certificate ($50, $100 or $250)
Trust me, this is one company you will want to follow and will fall head over heals in love with.
To find out more or to sign up for the Virtual Anniversary Run click here.
Disclosure: I was not paid in any way to give you this information. I truly love Skirt Sports and as always all thoughts and/or opinions are my own.
PS Here’s one of my favorite skirts from their collection:
Love the colors rights?