5 Things I love about 4th of July
By mkhyde on July 10, 2014
With the 4th at the end of this week, I thought I'd draft my personal top 5 favorites about the ol'red, white & blue celebration. Shall we?
1. I'm going to get right to specifics here and say freedom. While I do feel there are many freedoms still needing some follow through, this country is a great, great land. I'm thankful, proud, and happy to represent this land.
2. Hot dogs, lemonade and festive desserts! These are staples in our house for the holiday. Throw in a bur-gah, oy! Delighted is an understatement.
3. A break from the day to day; I have a few days off and I am more than thrilled to spend time with the dogters, sleep in, get outdoors for walks and maybe some tennis (total fave sport to play), and really just pretend I work from home and get all kinds of fun things done.
4. The fashion. I adore it whether its:
-how people dress their kids/animals in their most festive attire
-various magazine layouts
-or seeing different street styles.
The 4th of July is literally the peak of summer so throw on the most summery sundress you got with a side of floppy hat and enjoy yaself some SPF while ya at it!
5. BBQ, bodies of water, sunshine, watermelon, and movies. Mad dash here at the ned to list it all, huh ? But really, I love to watch movies that represent some aspect of the American Dream. This includes but is not limited to: American Pies 1 & 2, The Goonies, Tommy Boy, Grease, I Know What You Did Last Summer (What? This totally encompasses American summertime. Well, kinda. Alright, alright, ya got me! Its just Freddie Prinze Jr y'all:)), and last but certainly not least, my spirit animal movie::::::::::Dirty Dancing!
Again, this is just some of the happiness I find this time of year. So excited!
How are you planning to celebrate the 4th? What are your favorite parts?
Til we meet again,
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Shari Eberts