5 Tips for reaching your highest potential in 2013
The New Year is a time for a clean slate. A time to start over. A time to set goals and work hard to achieve them. Unfortunately, many of us by the end of January start to break resolutions or give up completely. Set a new standard in 2013 and reach your highest potential. Achieving a goal is often not easy, but when you look back a year from now and see how much you’ve achieved, you’ll feel blessed and happy. Here 5 few tips for reaching your highest potential in 2013:
- Getting rid of dead weight – Anything that held you back in 2012 should not make it with you in 2013. This includes negative people who pull you down, negative thoughts, etc. Decide to clean house and rid yourself of clutter in your life whether it’s emotional or physical things. Sometimes you have to get rid of things to prepare for what God has for you. Think about it material things. When you buy new things, you usually get rid of the old stuff (unless you are a hoarder). The old things are no use to you anymore and it would only be taking up space. So decide to clean house and prepare for your blessing.
- Be determined – When you’re determined, you let nothing or nobody get in your way. When you have a goal that you want to reach, obstacles will come and try to get you off course. But you have to stay determined to reach your goal no matter what. Whether you goal is losing weight or finishing college, you have to have a mindset of victory before you even accomplish your task.
- Stay positive – Negative thoughts, negative people, negative situations can all have a toll on you. Your feelings might want you to complain, but don’t give into it. Stay optimistic. As the late Zig Ziglar said, “Your attitude determines your altitude.”
- Stay dedicated – It’s easy to get started. In fact in the beginning of a race, you’re pumped up and ready to go. However, as time goes on, you start to get tired and give up too soon. Don’t let this happen to you. Stay dedicated to your dream even though it’s hard or you might not see results right away. It’s not about being the faster, it’s about who endures until the end.
- Stop seeking others approval – The biggest mistake we can do is try to please everyone. The truth is not everyone is going to agree with you or like you. In fact, if you try to please people, you might not be pleasing God. I would rather please God. Follow your goals regardless of what critics say or what people say to try to discourage you. You are only given one life to live and that is your own. Start living it to your fullest potential.
Most of all I hope the best for all of you. Declare that 2013 is going to be your best year ever!
To view more of Lady Wisdom's blog post visit ladywisdomblog.com