5 Tips For Enjoying Summer In Your Own Backyard
By Libra White on May 21, 2014
Summer is coming, and a great thing you can do for your family is to turn your outdoor space into a backyard oasis. Even if you are starting from scratch, turning your yard into a summer fun zone doesn’t have to break the bank. And with Find&Save, you can find great deals on all the items you need. Here are some great ideas to help you create a backyard retreat.
1. Set up a movie screen. Projectors are relatively inexpensive, and if you have the side of a house to project onto, then all the better! Sheets work in a pinch, but invest in a good projection screen if you think you’ll use it frequently. [Pictured: Outdoor Inflatable Movie Screen at Walmart]
2. Build a fire pit. There is something about a summertime fire that brings people together. Whether you want to create memories or relive some of your own, a backyard fire pit can be a center of conversation, maker of s’mores, and all-around protector against chilly nights.
3. Go camping. Now that you have a fire pit installed, why not pitch a tent and call it a campout? Top it off with spooky bedtime stories and campfire breakfast in the morning.
4. Hang a hammock. Everybody loves a hammock; the real challenge here is calling dibs. No trees to hang one from? Self-standing varieties let you place it where you like. Add a table, book, and tall, cold glass of lemonade for instant relaxation. [Pictured: Striped Hammock at Bed, Bath & Beyond]
5. Light up the night. Double your backyard pleasure by installing pleasant outdoor lighting that invites you to stay outdoors come nightfall. Bistro lights are classic and add a festive touch to your outdoor decor, but solar-powered lighting is an eco-friendly choice that emits a pleasant glow well into the night.
Don't forget to plan a backyard get together. No backyard oasis is complete without a group of friends to enjoy it with.