50 Ways to Show Your Daughter She's Special
By leahcar on September 17, 2012
- Let her wear your favorite bracelet.
- Put some of your lip gloss on her before school.
- Read the same book as her.
- Learn the words to her favorite song.
- Really listen to her.
- Know the names of her crush, least favorite teacher and the mother of her best friend.
- Have lunch with her at school.
- Get to know her friends.
- Hold her hand.
- Dance with her.
- Hug her at random times.
- Kiss her on the tip of her nose.
- Brush her hair.
- Let her choose the outfit you wear.
- Share your accomplishments with her.
- Ask her opinion.
- Tell her about your childhood.
- Share your hopes, dreams and thoughts with her.
- Show her how to do the things you enjoy.
- Teach her life skills (cooking, cleaning, shoe shopping).
- Buy her little presents just because.
- Sneak notes into her lunchbox or backpack.
- Pass a journal back and forth.
- Take a trip - just the two of you.
- Have a slumber party with her in her room.
- Invite her to curl up in your bed for a movie night.
- Tell her you're proud of her.
- Compliment her often.
- Let her know all the things you like about her.
- Brag about her to others in front of her.
- Wash her favorite nightgown or t-shirt, even though it isn't laundry day.
- Take tons of pictures of her.
- Put her photo in frames all over the house.
- Let her see you cry.
- Be honest with her.
- Talk to her about the hard stuff - sex, periods, drugs, relationships, etc.
- Give each other makeovers
- Tickle her tummy.
- Sing to her.
- Bring cupcakes to school on her birthday.
- Buy her flowers.
- Tuck her in at night, even if she says she's too big.
- Smile when she enters the room.
- Tell her you missed her when reunite after work and school.
- Help her brainstorm solutions to her problems.
- Support her, but teach her to stand up for herself.
- Admit when you're wrong and apologize.
- Introduce her to the TV shows, movies and music you loved when you were her age.
- Tell her you love her! Often!
More Like This
Recent Posts by leahcar
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Tweens & Teens
Recent Comments on Tweens & Teens