7 Best Exercises to Lose Weight
By sgood317 on January 06, 2014
Would it surprise you to know that you probably already take part in some of these exercises? The real secret is in knowing how to do those exercises for greatest benefit. You are not too heavy or too old to exercise. And believe it or not, it doesn't have to be difficult. You don't have to belong to a gym, have a personal trainer, or better body chemistry.
If you walk or climb stairs, for instance, you are utilizing the best exercises to lose weight quickly. You just need to make the most of them by upping the frequency and time you commit to these heart-thumping activities.
Unless you spend a vigorous 45 to 60 minutes every day on these exercises, you won't lose weight quickly. You'll just get tired. The key is consistency and that you work your routine regularly. Muscle-building exercises are most effective to lose weight quickly.
Whichever exercise you choose, make sure you put all your energy into it. You want to keep your heart rate up and your blood pumping throughout the exercise period, with a proper cool down afterwards.
For example, if you're brisk walking, walk slowly for the last few minutes to give your body a chance to cool down. Stopping suddenly can cause muscle cramps and really isn't good for your heart. Give your heart rate time to fall back to normal while you are moderately active.
Make sure you drink lots of water to replenish your reserves and to help prevent cramping.
When you're ready, here are the 7 best exercises to lose weight quickly. Start gradually and let your body adjust to the workouts you choose. And, of course, be sure to consult your physician before starting any exercise or diet routine.
1. Squats: This exercise is great for building leg and buttock muscles. Stand with your feet at shoulder width apart and squat down and then up 10-20 times through two or three sets. After all, who doesn't want to be bootylicious?
2. Jumping Jacks: You probably remember these from your days in gym class. What was child's play actually is one of the best whole body aerobic workouts. Do four or five set of 20 jumping jacks for best results.
3. Stairs: If you've made numerous trips upstairs while moving or cleaning, you'll know how much energy this exercise takes. The benefits are multi-fold: burns calories, boosts heart rate, great aerobics workout, builds leg and buttock muscles. You can use your stairs for this one stop wonder workout. Step up and down 20 times, rest and repeat two or three times. Did you break out your sweat band and leg warmers yet?
4. Walking: Fast walking is better than slow walking, but both are beneficial. If you want an exercise to lose weight quickly, walk briskly for half an hour and you can burn up to 180 calories. Who knows you may decide to join a mall walkers group in your area. Visit the Mall Walkers of America.
5. Bicycling: The outdoors can be more enjoyable, but stationary indoor cycles can provide an equally good exercise to lose weight quickly. In fact, if you apply the right amount of resistance at the right speed, you can burn between 250 and 500 calories in half an hour.
6. Swimming: This is a great, fun exercise for many people. It provides an excellent cardio workout that uses your entire body. Doing the breast stroke for half an hour can burn 400 calories. You may find an indoor pool at your local Y so you can swim in any season.
7. Jump Rope: This isn't just a kids' game. Adults can get a terrific, unparalleled total body workout by jumping rope for as little as 15 to 20 minutes.
That gives you seven of the top workouts you can try. The best exercises to lose weight quickly are not secrets reserved for a mere few. They are quite common, yet they are overlooked by many. People seeking to lose weight might think there's some magic program or exercise that will get it done.
If none of these appeal to you, the bonus exercise, which is my personal favorite.
BONUS: Dancing. Put on your favorite music and dance as if no one is watching or cares. You can burn 221 calories in just 30 minutes. Boost your outcome by raising your arms and moving them too.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Save time, money and space with the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System! AND it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer! Read our bloggers' experiences with the FoodSaver® System and see why you should get one for your home. Plus get a chance to win $100 Visa gift card! Read more
Most Popular on Diet & Fitness
Recent Comments on Diet & Fitness
By habit reCode