8 Dad Blogs to Follow This Week
By Julie Ross Godar on June 09, 2014
BlogHer Original Post
In honor of Father's Day, this week we're paying tribute to some of our favorite dad blogs. Follow these bloggers for their storytelling, their perspective, and their incredible heart.
Chris Read blogs to be a better father, first and foremost. He loves to write and tell to tell stories about his two kids. And he wants to show the world that "fathers are not the bumbling idiots you see in movies, commercials and print ads. A lot of us, not just dad bloggers, either, are loving, committed and caring individuals who want to spend every waking minute with our children." Read his recent post about teaching his son how to ride a bike and you'll see all three of those blogging motivations in action.
DADDY DOIN' WORK
Doyin Richards had, as he puts it, "zero experience" with children before his first baby girl came along. He blogs so that other parents can learn from his experiences, and to help more dads become involved and evolved parents. He also just joined The TODAY Show's TODAY Dads crew—congrats, Doyin!
- Follow Daddy Doin' Work on BlogHer
- Follow Daddy Doin' Work on Facebook
- Follow Daddy Doin' Work on Twitter
CRY IT OUT!
Mike Adamick is a stay-at-home dad who blogs about everything from exclamation points to how to portray girls in movies. He's been honored as one of BlogHer's Voices of the Year, and is the author of the seriously awesome books The Dad's Book of Awesome Projects and The Dad's Book of Awesome Science Experiments.
ALWAYS HOME AND UNCOOL
Kevin McKeever blogs about being a stay-at-home dad to his two kids, one of whom has a rare autoimmune disease. (His dog, Murphy, has one, too.) But no matter what comes to Kevin's family, he always writes about it with warm affection, goofball humor, and gorgeous prose.
- Follow Always Home and Uncool on Facebook
- Follow Always Home and Uncool on Twitter
- Follow Always Home and Uncool on Google+
DAD COOKS DINNER
Mike Vrobel cooks for his family every night. His blog is full of recipes of all sorts, but he especially loves rotisserie grilling, slow cooking, and pressure cooking—all smart options for busy parents.
- Follow Dad Cooks Dinner on BlogHer
- Follow Dad Cooks Dinner on Pinterest
- Follow Dad Cooks Dinner on Facebook
SINGLE DAD LAUGHING
- Follow Single Dad Laughing on BlogHer
- Follow Single Dad Laughing on Facebook
- Follow Single Dad Laughing on Twitter
- Follow Single Dad Laughing on YouTube
THE DUDE OF THE HOUSE
- Follow The Dude of the House on Facebook
- Follow The Dude of the House on Twitter
- Follow The Dude of the House on Pinterest
BUSY DAD BLOG
At the extremely funny Busy Dad Blog, BlogHer Voices of the Year honoree Jim Lin writes about personal parenting "wins," ridiculous parenting advice, and, of course, Bruce Lee. Don't miss the series of lunchbox drawings he did for his kids; now that they're older, they have their own blog reviewing video games.
Do you have a must-follow dad blog to share? Let us know in the comments!