8 Days and counting: Royal wedding
By Chris@MomathonBlog on April 20, 2011
On April 29 at 11 am London time (6 am EST), history will be made--the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey.
Catch the latest news leading up to the royal wedding with the BBC widget that features updates every weekday including:
- breaking stories
- and all things William and Kate
If you are fascinated by the news about the big day, according to the Royal Countdown widget:
- Kate’s wedding hairdo reportedly ‘Down and Flowy’
- What will Kate be wearing???
- What's on the bride's checklist? Kate’s Private Dress Rehearsal
- Little-known facts about the royal wedding preparations
- Wedding will be streamed live on YouTube
- BBC video all about the history of royal weddings
I am thinking the final timeline of the big day will be kept super secret. New timelines continue to be released to the press for tv production. According to Boston.com, “The kiss on the balcony has slipped to 0825, EST’’
- 9:00 am – 9:45 am (LONDON TIME): Guests arrive Westminster Abbey.
- 9:50 am: Senior-ranking foreign government officials, governors general and diplomats arrive.
- 10:25 am: Junior royals--Prince Michael of Kent (the Queen's cousin) and his wife, and Zara Phillips (the Queen's eldest granddaughter)--depart Buckingham Palace. ·
- 10:30 am: The Queen's Bodyguards of the Honourable Corps for Gentlemen at Arms (Look for men with white swan feather plumes sticking out of their helmets) and the Bodyguard of the Yeoman of the Guard (Look for men that are dressed like--but are not--Beefeaters).
- 10:40 am: Senior royals--Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and Princess Anne--arrive and are welcomed by Westminster Dean and Chapter, the Very Rev. John Hall.
- 10:42 am: Prince Charles and Camilla arrive.
- 10:45 am: Queen and Prince Philip arrive. Fanfare!!!!!
- 10:48 am: Pippa Middleton, Kate's sister and maid of honor, other bridesmaids and page boys depart Goring Hotel in minibuses for Westminster Abbey.
- 11:00 am: Wedding ceremony begins.
- 12:05 pm: Service concludes with signing of register in Shrine of Edward the Confessor.
- 12:15 pm: Royal party gathers outside Abbey as newlyweds get into first carriage. Newlyweds followed by mounted escort. Then Prince Harry, Pippa, bridesmaids and pageboys in two carriages. Next is Charles and Camilla, and finally, the Queen and Prince Philip.
- 12:30 pm: Kate and William arrive through Buckingham Palace gates. Welsh Guards stationed in front of Buckingham Palace greet them in front of Buckingham Palace.
- 1:25 pm: Windsor and Middleton families emerge on balcony--William and Kate, Queen and Prince Philip, and then remainder of immediate families.
You can get the handy, embeddable Royal Wedding Countdown Widget here. Embed it into your website or blog and/or share on Facebook, Twitter, or any profile page.