9 Must-haves for Bringing Baby Home
By Chockababy on August 29, 2012
After the joy of welcoming a new baby into this world, you have a few days to enjoy your precious babe before they send you home. And most hospitals send you with a bag of "goodies," or things you'll need in the coming days or weeks. Although this bag is great, there are still a few things you're going to want to stock up on for your and baby's homecoming:
1. Pads - yes, big grandma pads. You'll get some from the hospital but you'll need more, and the loving thing to do is to NOT send your sleep-deprived husband to pick some up for you after being home a day or two.
2. Advil - for cramping and pain after childbirth.
3. Dermaplast - Dermoplast spray really helps with the pain and discomfort "down there". My hospital gave me a can but I needed a second with all my kids.
4. Vaseline - for little boys who are circumcised, you'll need to keep the diaper from irritating your little man. Buy it in a tube so it's easiest to apply.
5. Thank you cards - for gifts, meals, and help with older siblings, have a bunch on hand as well as stamps and an up-to-date address book. Check out these cute ones - especially the alligator and the baby carriage ones!
6. Lanolin - Lansinoh Lanolin for nursing moms- tender nipples will appreciate some relief!
7. Caffeine-free drinks - have lots of drinks available (including bottled water to store near your nursing chair). You'll be thirsty a lot when nursing and most likely won't want to risk keeping baby up all night on caffeine.
8. Snacks and treats - don't stress about that baby weight just yet. Splurge on some sweets you love. For me, it's Reese's Peanut Butter Cups all the way! (my dream come true)
9. Diapers - don't underestimate this one. Stock up on size 1 and only some newborns as your baby might be born too big for them, like mine! A case of wipes will be helpful too.
What other necessities did you find helpful when you arrived home?
More Like This
Recent Posts by Chockababy
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Most Popular on Family