Track Your Steps with Coca-Cola at BlogHer
About 8 months ago, I moved from San Francisco to Laguna Beach, CA. This move created a lot of changes in my lifestyle -- the two biggest being that I have been doing less walking and more driving, and am now working from home full time. I'm also in the midst of my busiest time of year for work, which means I don't have much time to cook something from scratch -- and have been snacking more. So unsurprisingly, I've gained a little weight. It's all these little factors that eventually lead to bigger problems, so I'm working hard to make good choices and get back on track.
Lifestyle changes are hard to make, and even harder to stay committed to. As a former marathoner, I know that you don't just wake up one morning and run 26.2 miles. You start with 1, work your way to 2, then 3, and so on. You take lots of little steps that add up to cover a big distance. And I really don't want to beat myself up if I treat myself, or miss the gym one day. It's about balance. So I'm trying to make lots of little changes to my lifestyle instead.
That's why I'm particularly excited to announce that BlogHer '13 sponsor Coca-Cola will be hosting the Steps to Wellness Challenge at the conference this year. They believe that active lifestyles lead to happier lives, and they support physical activity programs as part of their commitment to overall health and wellbeing.
So what is the Steps to Wellness Challenge, you ask? The Coca-Cola Company is working to give people the information they need so they can make the right choice for themselves and their families. They will be giving every attendee a pedometer at Registration to wear throughout the 3 days of the conference. Really knowing what you're eating every day and your activity level are the first steps in making healthy changes. Use your pedometer to track your steps and let us know how you're doing each day. Not only will you be more motivated to take an extra lap around the Expo Hall, but you could also win very cool prizes in the process! Here's how it works:
- Step 1: Get Registered:
- 1. Pre-register online by completing this form: http://bit.ly/15L3p5A or...
- 2. Register on-site at the Coke Activity Station within the conference Expo Center (booth #2411)
- Step 2: Get Materials:
- 1. Pick up a pedometer when you check-in at BlogHer '13 and see how many steps you've taken, how far you've walked, and how many calories you've burned!
- 2. You can also pick up pedometers at the Activity Station
- Step 3: Get Walking!
- 1. Be sure to wear your pedometer during the conference -- at breakfast, around the Expo Hall; it’s the most fashionable accessory this year at BlogHer!
- 2. Share your results! Post a picture of your pedometer display that shows how many steps you've taken to Twitter or Instagram using #StepsToWellness and #ContestEntry OR check-in with your pedometer at the Coke Activity Station.
- Be sure to submit your results by 6pm, Saturday, July 27!
Snap pictures of how you’re being active and share them using the hashtag #StepsToWellness and don’t forget to follow @CocaColaCo and @BlogHer on Twitter for the latest challenge standings and results. You could win a personal trainer or nutritionist for a year!
And, if you really want to challenge yourself, be a “wellness warrior” by participating in mini physical activity challenges at the Coke Wellness Station for instant prizes, including earbuds, yoga mats, jump ropes, etc.! All fitness levels welcome!
We know from our own research and conversations with you that our own health, our families’ health and healthcare itself is a serious issue for BlogHers. We can all do our part. Not just by making healthier choices for ourselves, but by leading by example, whether that's for our children, friends, or neighbors. Moving forward toward a healthy future means moving forward together. And Coca-Cola and BlogHer are proud to be a part of that. We hope that this challenge will inspire you to be ambassadors for balanced living in your communities.
We can't wait to see you all in Chicago!
For full contest rules and prize details, click here.