Abroad: Hot Weather Dressing
By Saltless in Seattle on June 20, 2013
I asked my Italian family for advice on what to wear in Italy when it's going to be upwards of 90 degrees there in July. I got back an awesome, funny, helpful list of suggestions:
- Shorts are out, most women here won't wear shorts; capris are ok, or just above the knee.
- Shirts, anything goes: t-shirts, tank tops, whatever is good.
- A HUGE no-no is socks with sandals (obviously); sandals, flip flops, or even sporty shoes (not necessarily sneakers, but not dressy ones, like, the white adidas) are good.
- Stuff like Keens are obviously recognizable as being foreign (to me in particular they scream NORTHWEST!! but in general they do look very touristy).
- Skirts are good.
- Absolutely no baseball caps, but I can't think of any hat that won't look touristy. Note: Unfortunately, if you're a tourist you might be more likely to be out and about all day so you'd need some protection from your head.
- No backpacks.
- Definitely big purses (they're IN).
- Short socks, not high.
- Don’t tie your sweatshirt around your waist because it looks touristy.
- Also a normal bra, not sports bra with tank tops (y'know the kind of tank top that kinda does a cross at the back, that's super touristy).
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Lean Cuisine believes that women should be valued for their accomplishments as opposed to their weight/appearance. Lean Cuisine's new brand campaign Feed Your PhenomenalTM reflects its new brand purpose: to feed the greatness in every woman. Check out our bloggers' posts and see how they measure their true worth plus learn how you could win a $100. Read more
Most Popular on Fashion
Recent Comments on Fashion
By Karen Ballum