Acai Berry Kale Protein Breakfast Smoothie
By vegiyum on June 07, 2014
Since this is my very first blog post, I am juiced up to share my favorite breakfast acai berry, kale and protein smoothie to help kick start the day. A morning ritual I cannot do without. This smoothie is the perfect way to nourish your body with essential nutrients. I prefer to use fresh ingredients as much as possible and make do with what have in the fridge. I like to use fresh almond milk that I make every week, kale for a boost of vitamin A,C, K, protein powder, strawberries and dates to give a nice healthy sweetness.
Cheers to good health, happiness and you! Enjoy :)
- 1 cup frozen acai packet
- 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 cup almond milk or any other milk
- 1 bunch kale, spinach or any greens
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 - 3 pitted dates
- 3/4 - 1 cup of ice
- 2 tbsp. protein powder - optional
- 2 tbsp. honey - optional
- Gently place all ingredients into the blender; remember to add liquid first.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
- For an extra boost of healthy omega-3 fats, sprinkle a teaspoon of chia seeds.
Visit my blog @ www.vegiyum.com
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on Food
Recent Comments on Food
By Shari Eberts