Adding a Watermark to Your Instagram Images
By Elaine Griffin on November 13, 2012
Creating a Text Watermark with iWatermark
Creating a text watermark with iWatermark is easy, and provides several options, including special characters, font, size, color, and opacity. Once the text watermark is complete, it is saved to the ROLLER, and is available for use on any of your images.
- Open iWatermark, and choose “Select Photo.” Then select “Open Photo Gallery.”
- Once you have chosen your photo, you will be asked what you want to do. Choose “Create Text Watermark.”
- At the bottom of the screen you will see three options; “Edit,” “WaterMarks,” and “Save.” Choose “Edit,” and choose “Text.”
- In the middle of the screen you will see a box to type in your watermark text. At the top will be copyright symbols and options to include date and time. Include options from the top if you wish. Just tap them and they will be entered into the text box. Then tap the text box and enter your text.
- At the top left you will see your bright red watermark. Choose “Edit” at the bottom again, and you can edit the font, size, opacity, color, and angle.
- Now choose “Save and Exit” at the bottom. Name your watermark, choose save, and you should get a message it was saved to the roller.
You have now created a text watermark that can be used on any of your images, and you are ready to follow the instructions for adding the watermark and uploading to Instagram! Here is a little collage I created following the steps above; creating the watermark from my logo, creating the watermark in iWatermark, taking the images with the camera on my phone, adding the watermark to the images, and editing and uploading to Instagram. Then I emailed them to myself and put them together with PicMonkey - FUN!
Watermarking images for Instagram is another step some may not want to take, but it is an important step if you want to protect your images, protect your content, and further your branding and marketing efforts. Once you have created your watermark, it is a quick step, and one that will (and should!) become second nature.
Unfortunately as an Android user, it is near impossible to easily take screen shots. For more detailed screen shots of iWatermark, please visit the developer website, Plum Amazing.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Elaine Griffin
Most Popular on BlogHer
Hearing your baby laugh is the most amazing sound. Discover why baby laughter is so important, your baby’s own Baby Laugh Index™, and much more at www.babylaughindex.com.BlogHer and Bright Starts™ asked 10 bloggers to share what kind of laugh their kids have and to try out one of these fun toys: the Jungle Fun Ball Climber™, the Hide 'n Spin Monkey™, or the 3-in-1 Step 'n Ride Lion™ . Check out their posts and learn how you could win one too! Read more
Most Popular on Blogging & Social Media
Recent Comments on Blogging & Social Media
By Velvet S.
By Elise Ronan