Advice New Single Mothers Can Use to Build Their Village
By IssaMas on August 27, 2012
BlogHer Original Post
Single parenthood, like all forms of parenthood, comes with its ups and downs. Going into the situation with a little advice in your back pocket can make the journey easier. As a single mother, I know what you're going through right now, and my experience as a life coach for other single mothers has helped me to collect a lot of advice over the years.
Whether you planned in advance to be a single parent by choice, or your new role has taken you by surprise, there may be a few questions you may be asking yourself:
- Will it be as overwhelming as I think it will be?
- How can I "invest" in myself?
- Am I supposed to do this all alone?
- How do I find this "village" that it takes to raise a child?
- What should I be focusing on right now?
- Where do I factor into the equation?
Photo Credit: Danielle Tsi for BlogHer
Issa Mas is the author of Single Mama NYC.
This post is part of the Absolute Beginners editorial series made possible by Pampers and BlogHer. Our advertisers do not produce or approve editorial content.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Lori Luna
Most Popular on Family