After the Alter
By After the Alter on April 08, 2009
BlogHer Original Post
In today’s world it is easy to get caught up in the things that make people sad. It is easy to be down on yourself because of the economy, your job, and your surroundings. Money is tight for many and this makes you cut back on entertainment things that are enjoyable. But personally I think now is the time to focus on the good things in our lives. The things that make us happy. The things that make us smile. If we can all focus on those things, rather then the ones that get us down, then your world will be a much happier place to be.
I figured I would share my happy things with you! Maybe my things can remind you of some of your happy things, and if there is anything that can brighten up our days then we should let it in! (these will be in no particular order)
- My husband: My husband is my best friend. We have been married almost a year and together for over 8 years, and over that time we’ve had our ups and downs, but through it all he has been my constant. He is always there for me, and he makes me smile. With out him I’d be lost
- My Dog: Tinkerbell is 4 1/2 years old. I always knew I wanted a dog, but I never realized how much I NEEDED a dog. I always call her my savior because she was there for me during some down times. She is always happy when I come home, and she is always ready to be my friend. I would do anything for her and she knows it.
- My family: I had the most wonderful childhood. When I look back on it I am left with only happy memories. Now, I am happy to say my family and I are so very close. Even though we are separated by some distance, I know they are always there. My mom is one of my best friends, and my dad is the best and most supportive dad a girl could ask for. It’s somewhat of a joke in our family but I speak to them both like 10 times a day. I love and respect them. My sister is also one of my best friends. She is always there when I need to talk, and I hope she knows I am there for her too. My brother is 6 years younger then me and is the most amazing person. He is kind and gentle, and I know that he would do anything for me. At this moment he is traveling Europe on his own…sometimes I think I live my life vicariously through him, since I know I could never do what he is doing.
- Wine: Does it make me an alcoholic to say that wine makes me happy? I love sitting down during the evening and relaxing with my glass of wine. Sometimes my favorite thing to do is sit with my dog and my husband, watch our favorite shows, and indulge in a glass of wine.
- Friendlys: I LOVE Friendlys! My husband calls it “just a bad diner”, but I call it Heaven! I crave the Grilled Cheese and French fries from Friendly’s, and if I am really fat that day I LOVE to eat their cyclones (which are now called Friendzee’s, but I will always call them cyclones). And if I am really fat I LOVE the munchie mania! They make the best cheese quesedillas!
- My Home: I am a bit of a homebody. I am very happy being in my home…I love my old couch, I love that the house is new, I love my big bedroom, I love my closets and I love my bed.
- TV: Yes I said it…TV makes me happy. I know it’s sad, but it’s true. I was going to put down a favorite show, but I realized that there are too many that I like! I wrote in a previous post about “martooni thursday” and that says it all…I love my time at night to sit on my couch and watch my shows. Some people have hobbies or activies that they like to do…me? I enjoy my TV!
- The Beach: Although it’s hard to fathom sitting at the beach right now since it’s been the longest winter ever, but I love the beach. Growing up my family always went to the beach for 1 week in the summer. Those are some of my best memories. Now, my family gets a beach house every summer in New Jersey for week. I look forward to going every year. The beach is one of the things I actually like about Long Island. Long Island is great for about 3 months….June, July and August. The beach is so close! I don’t get to go as much as I’d like..and maybe it’s just the idea of the beach that makes me happy…but I do love the beach.
- My friends: I have some great friends. I should say my husband and I have great friends. I love that Evan and I share our group of friends. Over the years they have all molded together. I love when they stop by, and I love when we hang out and do things together. They are wonderful people, and I know that they will be in my life for years to come.
- My Wedding: Yes I know, it happened almost a year ago, but the memories live on. I love to relive it by looking at pictures, or our video. It makes me smile every time!
So let’s share! What makes you happy? Let’s start the day off thinking of happy things!
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
Most Popular on BlogHer
Recent Comments on BlogHer
Switch to mobile view.