AHL's 2012 Christmas House Trends
By Design Perspective on December 12, 2012
Yesterday I posted on Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles 2012 Christmas House, and there were several trends that were prominent throughout the house. So I thought I'd share with you five trends I spotted.
It was nice that many of the rooms had several of these elements in the home; they brought a cohesiveness to the entire home's style. Many times you visit a show house where each room is distinctly different through the rest, causing a staccato flow in the house, but in the the Christmas House there was a natural flow in design from each room.
1. Grass cloth wall paper was evident in several rooms. Grass cloth adds a nice texture to the space and there're so many colors to choose from now. I loved how in the dining room the grass cloth was inset in the wall panels, in the nursery it covered the walls, and in the gentleman's study it was used on the ceiling.
grass cloth on the ceiling in the Gentleman's Study
2. High-gloss paint finish on walls, trim, ceiling adds another touch of luster in a space. Reflecting more light creating the illusion of larger space.
3. Shades of Gray are still popular! There were different shades throughout this house.
4. Intaglios are an elegant and classic accessory for a bookshelf or on the wall.
5. Wall Paneling is a great detail to give a room that extra oomph.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Design Perspective
Most Popular on BlogHer