Almond Fennel Biscotti /Cake Rusk
When it is pouring heavily all that your heart desires is a hot cup of masala chai or coffee. And, because I believe coffee and tea are meant to be enjoyed with a snack, there’s nothing better than having a biscotti. It is my best all time favorite snack since childhood.
- 123 g (3/4 cup) rice flour mix
- 93 g (3/4 cup) amaranth flour
- 100g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp -2 tbsp fennel seeds (coarsely ground)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix amaranth and rice flour mix, baking powder, coarsely ground fennel seeds and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- Stir in almonds.
- Using two spoons plop three fairly straight lines onto prepared cookie sheet. Shape it into a log with the back of spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from oven, but do not turn off oven. Reduce the temperature to 300°F. Line another baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Let the logs rest for 10 minutes. Cut each log into 1/2 -3/4" wide slices.
- Lay each slice back on the cookie sheet with cut sides facing down.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Turn the cookies over and bake for another 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.