American Express Sweepstakes Official Rules
BlogHer American Express Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. Sponsor: BlogHer, Inc., located at 1301 Shoreway Road, Suite 340, Belmont, CA 94002 and http://www.blogher.com and available via telephone at (650) 551-1364 (“BlogHer”), is solely responsible for all aspects of this BlogHer American Express (“Promotion”), including without limitation the administration and fulfillment thereof.
2. Eligibility: Entrants in the Promotion must be 18 years of age or older and legal United States residents (residents of Puerto Rico are excluded) (“Territory”). Employees, officers and directors of BlogHer, Inc. ("BlogHer ") and American Express, their respective partners, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, their advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies, their successors and assigns (individually and collectively, “Entities”), their immediate family members [spouses, parents, children, siblings], and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) are not eligible. By submitting an Entry, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of BlogHer, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
3. Entry: During the period commencing at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on October 25, 2011 and ending at 11:59 p.m. PST on October 25, 2011 (“Entry Period”), eligible entrants can visit the Promotion’s main page at (http://www.blogher.com/american-express-fall-fashion-sweepstakes). Eligible entrants may enter this Promotion during the Entry Period by taking any of the following actions (collectively, “Entries”), each of which counts as one entry:
A. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on the participating blogger’s post.
B. Submit an Entry via Twitter by performing all of the following: (1) Sign into your Twitter account (“Account”) or, if you are not already a member, becoming a member of Twitter.com and signing into your Account; (2) “following” @BlogHerDeals; (3) tweeting a message as a targeted reply to @BlogHerDeals using Twitters “@Reply” function to enter the Promotion; and (4) including your fashion favorite, along with exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Amex”
4. Limitations: All Entries must be written in English and posted before 11:59:00 p.m. PST on October 25, 2011 to be eligible. Only two Entries per household. Only one Entry per day per Twitter account. Any entrants found to be using multiple Twitter accounts shall be ineligible. Entries by any method other than those set forth above in Section 3 are void. Entries must be the entrant's original work and must comply with BlogHer editorial standards. Mass entries or mechanical reproductions are invalid. Entries must be on topic and not offensive, demeaning, or derogatory. By posting a comment, entrant agrees that any or all of the submitted comment, whether randomly chosen as a Winner or not, may be reproduced on BlogHer’s website in connection with this Promotion without compensation at the sole discretion of representatives of BlogHer.
Neither the Entities in Section 2 nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing or physically located outside the Territory, or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; entries not received from Twitter users with “protected” updates (i.e., user has set its account so that only people the user has approved can view their updates) due to the way Twitter operates its service; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple accounts to register more than the number of Entries allowed in Section 4 above may result in disqualification at BlogHer’s sole discretion. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations. Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Promotion and does not endorse or otherwise have anything to do with this Promotion. If you opt to receive BlogHer’s tweets via your wireless mobile device (which may only available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), standard text messaging rates will apply for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Promotion. Participation in this Promotion by mobile phone and text message means that you understand that you may receive additional text messages from BlogHer relating to this Promotion, including to notify you if you are a potential winner in this Promotion, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Cell phone service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
5. Prize: Two (2) Prizes: Each winner will be able to select either Prize Merchandise (listed below), Prize Gift Cards (listed below), or a combination of both, not to exceed $250 in value.
All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner’s responsibility. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) per prize: $50 - $250. Total ARV: $500. Prize is not redeemable for cash or and is not transferrable. No substitution allowed except that BlogHer may, at BlogHer’s sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. The prize will be awarded, provided it is validly claimed by November 20, 2012, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
Prize Gift Cards available:
Saks Fifth Avenue: (denominations: either $50, $100, $250)
Zappos.com: (denominations: either $50, $100, $250)
Neiman Marcus: (denominations: either $50,$100, $250)
Prize Merchandise available:
North Face Denali Jacket (Retail $165.00)
Michael Kors Hamilton Medium Messenger Bag (Retail $159.00)
Dooney and Bourke Dillen II Satchel (Retail $248.00)
TUMI Ducati Tank Medium Backpack (Retail $245.00)
6. Procedures: All Entries must be received during the Entry Period. On or about October 27, 2011, in a random drawing, the potential winners will be selected from all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
7. Winners: Potential winners will be notified by email on or about October 31, 2011; please ensure that BlogHer has your current, correct email address. To claim the prize, potential winners must accept their prize within 72 hours of transmission of the email notification (“Acceptance Period”). BlogHer is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the prize or redeem prize for cash or credit. All necessary taxes and duties on the prize, and any other costs associated with maintaining or operating the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
A. Disqualification, Forfeiture and Selection of Alternate Winner: At the sole discretion of BlogHer, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to accept the prize within the Acceptance Period;  the failure of notification or undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email;  potential winner’s failure to provide BlogHer with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winner’s failure to complete, execute, and return to BlogHer the Prize Notification and Liability Release Agreement and, except where prohibited, a publicity release and other such documents as may be required by BlogHer (“Required Documents”) within 10 days of the date specified on the Prize Notification and Liability Release Agreement; and  potential winner’s failure to comply with any other terms, conditions and restrictions of these Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, BlogHer may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
B. Prize Fulfillment: BlogHer shall be solely responsible for fulfillment of prizes. Within four to eight weeks of receiving an eligible winner’s fully executed Required Documents, BlogHer shall mail that winner’s prize via U.S. mail to the U.S. resident address provided by that winner in the Required Documents. Prize shipping costs will be paid for by BlogHer.
8. General Conditions: By entering this Promotion and/or accepting any prize you may win, you agree, represent, and warrant that:  you will be bound by these Official Rules and BlogHer’s decisions, which shall be final in all respects;  you release and hold harmless the Releasees, from: (a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (b) any condition caused by events beyond the control of BlogHer that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion; (d) any and all losses, damages, rights, suits, claims and actions of any kind, including without limitation death and bodily injury, in connection with or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, or from any interaction with or downloading of computer Promotion information;  the Releasees do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Promotion or the prizes;  winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes the grant to BlogHer and assigns of an unconditional right to use winner’s name, photo, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade publicity, promotional and commercial purposes without additional compensation, in connection with the running or advertising of this Promotion, except where prohibited by law;  BlogHer has the right, at its sole discretion, to modify these General Rules or to cancel, modify, terminate, or suspend the Promotion at any time;  the Releasees are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Promotion, including but not limited to: errors in the advertising, General Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of the prizes;  the Releasees are not responsible for any inability of the winner to accept or use the prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason;  BlogHer has the right to modify prize award procedures at its sole discretion;  the Releasees are not responsible for any failure of delivery of winner notification; and  all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants, winners and BlogHer in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
9. Disclosure by Winner. Winner acknowledges and agrees that winner is not required to make any statements about, or provide any opinions regarding, the prize, and any such statements and opinions made by winner are at winner’s sole discretion. If winner is employed by, works for, or provides content to, any means of mass communication, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, television or the Internet, including, without limitation winner’s blog (collectively, the “Media”), then winner will not speak about or refer to the prize, directly or indirectly, in such capacity through the Media, without disclosing that winner won the prize in connection with the Promotion.
10. Winners List: For name(s) of winner(s), mail a self-addressed stamped envelope prior to November 13, 2011 to: BlogHer, Attn: BlogHer American Express Request, 1301 Shoreway Rd., Suite 340, Belmont, CA 94002.
© 2010 BlogHer, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BLOGHER is a trademark of BlogHer, Inc.
Tweet is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc.
More Like This
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Genie Gratto
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Genie Gratto