1. Sew batting material to one of the 22×28 fabrics.
2. Sew the other piece to it on the other side.
3. Sew them together. It will be thick since you have 6 pieces of material under the needle. Start at the bottom, and go 1/2 way up the side. You can either round the edges of the bag, or leave them square.
4. Cut off excess material after you’ve sewn them all together.
5. Cover the edge with a very thick ribbon. You may find it easier to use a zigzag stitch at this point. Start at the open edge of the sleeping back and sew the ribbon around the front side opening, the top, and the back top opening. Then begin at the bottom and sew ribbon around the bottom, and up the side where the edges were sewn together. Give it a finished look by sewing over the edge of the ribbon that is opening of the sleeping bag.
5. Finish it off with a bow!
6. You could also let your child decorate their sleeping bag with buttons, bows, and puffy paint!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PILLOW:
1. Cut material 14×10 inches.
2. Fold material in 1/2 so it is 7×5 with right side of materials against each other. Sew two sides together, leaving an open edge, or part of an open side. Turn inside out. Fill with batting, and sew opening shut.
In order to comment on BlogHer.com, you'll need to be logged in. You'll be given the option to log in or create an account when you publish your comment. If you do not log in or create an account, your comment will not be displayed.
Find out what the new generation of makers, creators and mold-breakers thought of Goldieblox and the American Express #PassionProject, and enter to win a game for the young girl in your life. Read more