And starts.

**I wrote a few posts over the past few months. These are to catch you up on where I've been.**

Written on September 29th

The past week has been so rough. On Saturday evening, I was out with my girlfriends at our scrapbooking event. I started to feel pretty nauseous, so we went up to the room where I had fits of gagging and coughing for about an hour before I could fall asleep. My friends sat there making faces at each other and giggling at me behind my back. They all swore I was pregnant. I told them there was no way, it way way too early to have symptoms. I was only 7dpo (days past ovulation - my best guess). Before we parted on Sunday, I was told that no matter what, I had to tell all of them my test results when I took my test. In their eyes, there was no denying it, I was going to miss my period, test and the test would be positive. They told me I could tell them and they would be there for me no matter what happened. They are very good friends so I believed them and told them I would.

Monday (8dpo) I felt ok but I wasn't 100%. On Tuesday (9dpo) I had some fits of gagging and coughing again but nothing like what I had on Sunday. I was tired and didn't want to eat anything both days. I went home from work early, took a 2 hour nap and ate pita chips for dinner Tuesday night. Wednesday (10dpo), I was fine again. I had absolutely no symptoms.

I didn't sleep well on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning. I was up at 2am when we had some huge thunder storms roll through the area. I stayed up for 2 1/2 hours just staring at the walls. I had horrible back pains and was just miserable. I fell asleep for an hour an a half until my husband's alarm went off at 5:30. At that point, I felt ok. I got ready for work and stopped by Starbucks for a Venti Iced Salted Caramel Mocha (best.drink.ever.) and a breakfast sandwich. I drank 1/4 of the coffee, ate the sandwich and immediately felt horrible. The coughing fits and nausea were back - with a vengeance. All morning, I was dry heaving and could not understand why I felt so terrible. I decided to go ahead and use the pregnancy test I had in my desk drawer. Yes, I was storing a pregnancy test at work, don't judge.

I sat on the toilet for 3 long minutes and played words with friends while I waited. I finished 3 games and decided to look.


Apparently a faint line is still a line-line. This really bad week has not been for nothing! Holy. Cow. I started shaking and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I refused to tell my husband until I got home so...I'm 2 hours away from leaving work for the day and the day can't go any slower!! I can't wait to tell him. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I'm going to say....

I got home from work shortly after my husband did. He was outside with the dogs, so I ran upstairs and grabbed the other test I had in my bathroom. It was one of those that says Pregnant or Not Pregnant. I was worried he wouldn't believe it if he saw the faint line from the regular test. Ok, I'll be honest with you. I was worried it was wrong, too. I was sort of expecting a not pregnant when I took it. The test took forever to show the results but finally, I got a big fat PREGNANT sign on it. Oh what a sight!!

I am now 80% sure that I really am. It's time to tell Hops. He knew I wasn't feeling well all day, so when I came downstairs, he asked me how I was feeling. I told him I was feeling a little better and looked over at him. He kept looking at me and I couldn't help my face. It started smiling. He asked me, "what." I said, "I have to show you something." I took him the two tests. He reacted just how I expected him to, happy and worried. Seriously, ten minutes after I showed him the tests, we were on the phone with his insurance company to make sure I can still move to it in January during open enrollment. Ha! We hugged a lot and we both have certainly gone through some serious emotions these past few days. I'm sure we'll go through a lot more as time goes on.

Today we took my first belly picture. There is no bump yet (of course) but I don't mind my belly fat anymore either. I'm one of those girls who holds most of my fat in my belly. I hope that will help me hide it for another 9 weeks before we start telling people!


In order to comment on, you'll need to be logged in. You'll be given the option to log in or create an account when you publish your comment. If you do not log in or create an account, your comment will not be displayed.