Announcing Room of Your Own Sessions at BlogHer '13
Today, we are excited to announce the next set of programming for BlogHer '13 in Chicago: the Room of Your Own (ROYO) program! As always, the community submitted fantastic ideas -- and more than we could accommodate!
With this year's changes to our break-out schedule, we were able to not only include more ROYO sessions, we were able to include different types of ROYO. We'll offer eight ROYOs; some presentations (more specific-skills and instruction focused), some roundtables (a dialogue with a panel and the audience), all suggested by the community, for the community.
As a reminder, ROYOs are chosen for program inclusion based on the following criteria: Freshness, Community Interest, and Conference Attendance. (Click here for a full explanation of the selection criteria.)
Without further ado, the selections for this year's Room of Your Own are:
45 Minute Roundtables:
- Shedding the Façade and Writing our Vulnerable Truth
- Blogging and Anonymity
- Is Your Blog Holding You Back? The balance between your blog and your goals
- Blogging the Unbloggable – Writing about hard topics without being hated
45 minute Presentations:
- Is Self-Publishing for You?
- Using Social Media Tools Without Being a Tool: Marketing and promotion that lifts the community as a whole.
- Positive Return on Content: Make your words work for you
- Crowd-funding: When $20 from family and friends isn't enough to fund your dream
You'll find more specifics in the full breakout agenda for BlogHer '13. We'll begin announcing speakers and presenters next week, but for now, congrats to all the selected ROYOs and thanks to everyone who submitted an idea!
Conference Programming Manager
More Like This
Recent Posts by mrlady
Most Popular on BlogHer
Recent Comments on Conferences
By Kathy Benson
By Tané Tachyon