Announcing the BlogHer "Community Keynote" on Friday July 18th...and how YOU can be a part of it
By Elisa Camahort on June 02, 2008
BlogHer Original Post
There's been a notable open slot in the BlogHer '08 Conference agenda, and that's because we've been cooking up something very special: The First Ever "Community Keynote" event at a BlogHer Conference.
That's right: the closing keynote for Day One of the conference will be live blog readings from the BlogHer community itself. You'll submit your favorite posts, and we'll get 20 of you at the microphone sharing that favorite post with the entire BlogHer crowd.We thought of calling it BlogHerpalooza, the BlogHer Slam, BlogHer Open Mic or some other such name. But it's a keynote and it will be built from the community, hence: The BlogHer Community Keynote.
1. There will be five categories of submissions/readings:
2. We are asking you to submit your favorite post that can be read in two-three minutes in any of the above categories.
3. Eden is working with a committee to go through submissions. Send your submission to Eden, cc'ing all three general committee members listed below PLUS cc'ing the applicable Category committee member from the second list.
Your submission should include:
Name (as you'd like it to be published/announced)
Favorite Post URL and its Category
Category Community Keynote committee members:
4. There will be 4 readings chosen per category, ensuring that we feature work about a wide variety of topics and from a diverse group of bloggers. The criteria? Well, it will vary according to category, but the basics are:
Did it make us laugh?
Did it make us cry?
Did it make nod our head in an "I've been there" kind of way?
Did it make us want to send the link to a bunch of other people to share the bloggy goodness?
Is it fresh, unique...in other words, could it only have come from you?
5. The timeline:
6. One last thing: Question: Can you nominate your favorite post by someone else?
Answer: Yes, if you know that person will be there at the conference to read it, and you know they won't kill you for nominating them.
7. And to repeat, for good measure, the most important piece of instruction above: Send your submission to Eden, cc'ing all three general committee members listed PLUS cc'ing the applicable Category committee member from the second list
So, get to it! We cannot wait to start reading the Best. Posts. Ever. for the BlogHer Community Keynote event.
More Like This
Recent Posts by Elisa Camahort
Most Popular on BlogHer
In case you haven't heard a Oklahoma teen boy bragged about raping someone and no one is doing anything about it
November 26, 2014 - 6:00am by The Daily Post
November 25, 2014 - 12:23pm by Elisa Camahort
November 24, 2014 - 4:00am by Rita Arens
Recent Comments on Conferences