Announcing the BlogHer Food '11 Call for Ideas
By Elisa Camahort on January 06, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
Last month, we were thrilled to announce our third annual BlogHer Food Conference, this May 20-21, and even more excited to reveal that we were moving down South to Atlanta. We're glad lots of you seemed as excited about that as we are, and I should mention that you should probably register soon. While we are growing capacity for the event, tickets are going fast, and the previous two years both sold out.
Today I'm announcing our Call for Ideas for programming for BlogHer Food '11.
For those of you who are not that familiar with BlogHer, we call our events the "conference the community built," and getting your input on the programming is one of the most important steps. Yes, we encourage you to submit yourself to speak, but we are also interested in having you submit your wish list of other speakers. The panels you'd like to attend.
BlogHer's conference programming manager, Jes Ferris, and I will be ably assisted by:
The BlogHer Food '11 Conference Advisory Committee
Toby Bloomberg of Diva Marketing and from Atlanta
Julie Ross Godar of BlogHer
Tami Hardeman of Running with Tweezers and from Atlanta
Nicole Jayne of ScoutMob and from Atlanta
Carolyn Jung of Food Gal
David Leite of Leite's Culinaria
Donna Pierce of Black America Cooks
Mrs. Q of Fed Up with Lunch
Stephanie Stiavetti of Wasabimon
Sean Timberlake from Hedonia and Punk Domestics
Elaine Wu from BlogHer and VirgoBlue
What Will the Conference Tracks Be?
Please submit panel ideas that could fit into one of the following tracks:
- Values, e.g. Food Politics, Food Policy or Social Change via Food Blogs
- Visuals, e.g. Photography, Video, Design, Multimedia, Styling
- Vocation, e.g. Skills Development, Best Practices, Traffic Building, Monetization, Ethics, Publishing
- Voice, e.g. Writing Skills, Storytelling, Inspiration
- Vittles (NEW for BlogHer Food '11), e.g. Cooking Skills, Cooking Techniques, Tools, Recipe Development
What can you submit?
As per above, you can submit panels you want to attend, panels you want to speak on and speakers you want to see. In addition, we are always looking for very strong moderators to lead panels. Moderators have that extra job of keeping sessions on track and ringleading the conversation to include everyone on the panel and everyone in the audience. It can be a bit of a special skill, so we're very interested in folks who have experience in that!
How to Submit
If any of the above triggers some great ideas, then please use this submission form to submit your idea. The form will ask for contact information, plus other supporting information like:
- URLs to support your submission
- Which track you're submitting for
- Panel name and description
- Who else you think should be contributing and why
What's the Timeline?
Our programming schedule is:
- January 6th, 2011: Call for Ideas open
- February 15th, 2011: Call for Ideas closed
- March 31st, 2011: All submitters contacted either way, and programming published
Thanks for offering to share your creativity and skills with your fellow food blogging community at BlogHer Food '11 this spring. We can't wait to see what you cook up. (Pun totally intended!)
Elisa for Elisa, Jory and Lisa, Jes and the entire Conference Team
More Like This
Recent Posts by Elisa Camahort
Most Popular on BlogHer
July 31, 2014 - 6:25am by Dresden
July 26, 2014 - 4:49pm by Julie Ross Godar
Recent Comments on Conferences