Announcing the BlogHer Food '13 Call for Ideas!
By mrlady on October 01, 2012
BlogHer Original Post
Update: The BlogHer Food Call for Ideas has closed. Thank you to all of you who submitted your ideas.
Since last June's Yeehaw Heard 'Round the World -- that BlogHer Food would be coming to Austin, TX in 2013 -- the excitement around the conference, the content, and (of course) the food has been fixin' to blow the lid off Twitter, Facebook, and ye ol' blogs.
We're happy to announce that today, you can start channeling that excitement into concrete ideas, because the BlogHer Food '13 Call for Ideas is open, y'all!
The Call for Ideas lets you help build the conference you want to attend. We're asking for your panel submissions, topic recommendations, speaker requests (no experience required), and moderator suggestions (previous experience a plus!). You can submit yourself or others to speak, a fully-incubated program idea or a wish-list for content. We want to know just how you like it done, and we'll do our best to wrap all those ideas up into one delicious, southern-fried conference.
As always, we work with a committee of food experts, some from the city we're visiting, to help us make the most of our time in Texas. Elisa Camahort Page and I will be assisted by these fine folks:
Introducing the BlogHer Food '13 Bandits Conference Advisory Committee:
- Elaine Wu of BlogHer and VirgoBlue
- Hetal Jannu of Show Me the Curry
- Julie Deily of The Little Kitchen
- Julie Ross Godar of BlogHer
- Kathy Strahs of Panini Happy
- Lisa Fain of Homesick Texan
- Melissa Lanz of The Fresh 20
- Natanya Anderson of Fete and Feast
- Penny De Los Santos of Penny De Los Santos Photography
- Rachel Matthews of A Southern Fairytale
- Sean Timberlake of Hedonia
- Shannon Traeger of Feeding America
The BlogHer Food '13 Conference Tracks
We've heard your past feedback, and we're taking action. This year, we're going further than ever before to make sure that there is content for every level of blogger, from newbies to veterans! The BlogHer Food '13 conference tracks will be:
- Vocation -- Beginner: This track will address marketing, monetization, and publishing issues for newer bloggers.
- Vocation -- Advanced: This track will address marketing, monetization, and publishing issues for veteran bloggers.
- Food Photography: This track will cover a wide range of photography-related questions for hobbyist to professional photographers, from styling, to shooting techniques, to post-production.
- Food Videography: This track will cover a wide range of video-related questions for hobbyist to professional vloggers, from storyboarding, to tech and gear, to performance.
- Voice/Values: We'll have one full day of Voice, where bloggers can talk about writing, style, technique, and more. Another day will be dedicated to Values, where we talk ethics, giving, and more.
The BlogHer Food '13 Call for Ideas Timeline
- We open the Call for Ideas today, October 1st. Right Now. This moment. Giddy-up!
- The Call for Ideas closes at stroke of midnight Pacific on Halloween, October 31st.
- The BlogHer Food '13 Program will be announced on December 10th, and all submitters will be notified either way before that date.
We can't wait to read all your ideas, and we can't wait to see you in Austin!
Shannon | Mr Lady
BlogHer Conference Programming Manager
Recovering Texan. Has Klout in Yeehaw. For reals.
More Like This
Recent Posts by mrlady
Most Popular on BlogHer
I Didn't Know I Was Addicted to a Drug 40 Times More Potent Than Heroin... Until I Tried Getting Off of It
November 12, 2015 - 3:30pm by Lori Luna
November 8, 2015 - 11:47am by Julie Ross Godar
November 7, 2015 - 7:31pm by BHF15LiveBlog
November 7, 2015 - 7:13pm by BHF15LiveBlog
November 7, 2015 - 6:20pm by BHF15LiveBlog