Announcing the BlogHer Food '14 Call for Ideas!
Today we invite you to share your ideas for sessions and speakers at BlogHer Food '14 -- the Call for Ideas is now open! This call for ideas will remain open for two weeks -- from today until midnight Pacific on Monday, November 4th. BlogHer Food '14 in Miami, FL takes place over May 16 & 17, 2014.
Since the inaugural BlogHer Food conference in 2009, foodies have taken a culinary exploration of both social media and the United States - from the vibrant, international flavors of San Francisco, to the rich, historical flavors of Atlanta, to metronatural Seattle and delightfully weird Austin -- and we're so excited to explore Miami's sound and spice next May!
Before we start sharing everything we have planned for your stay in Miami, we first have to plan the agenda for the conference...and that's where you come in. The Call for Ideas lets you help build the conference *you* want to attend. We're asking you to let us know what topics you'd like to hear discussed or which speakers you think would be a great addition to this year's roster. You can submit yourself or others to speak, a fully-incubated program idea or a wish-list for content.
Speaker suggestions: You can submit yourself or someone else as a speaker. Speakers don't need to have prior speaking experience, only relevant experience on the topic they've been suggested for. We are always looking for new-to-BlogHer speakers who represent the rich diversity of the blogging community! (Moderators, however, do need some prior experience. If you are, or know someone who is, an experienced moderator, please notate that in the Call for Ideas form, in the free text space provided.)
Topic or panel suggestions: You can submit ideas for workshops, presentations, or panel discussions you'd like to be a part of, or simply ones you'd like to see included in the program.
- Workshops include hands-on learning, and are particularly fitted to more technical sessions.
- Presentations allow speakers to share ideas and insights with the audience in a TED/Ignite style session -- think lots of slides, less Q&A.
- Panel discussions allow a group of people (Preferably 3-4 and a moderator) to dig deep into a subject, talking through key points and differing perspectives to give the audience a well-rounded view of the subject.
Tracks at BlogHer Food '14: We'll use your suggestions in the Call for Ideas to help create the final agenda for BlogHer Food, which will include sessions in the following tracks:
- Vocation -- Everything about the nuts & bolts of food blogging. Includes monetization, SEO/optimization, business considerations, etc.
- Visuals -- A feast for the eyes! Includes photo, video, food styling, design, etc.
- Values -- Be a part of the solution. Includes food values/politics, social good, local and global issues, etc.
- Voice -- Who you are and why you blog. Includes storytelling, personal brand, the craft of writing, humor, etc.
- Vittles -- Putting the food in food blogging! Includes cooking technique demos, recipe development, etc.
Be creative with your suggestions! We're looking for fun, fresh, and feisty ideas for this year's conference! Check out past conference agendas to get a sense of what's worked in the past, and what new ideas you can bring to the BlogHer Food '14 table! When you're ready, submit your speaker and session ideas here. We can't wait to see what you're cooking up for Miami!
Conference Programming Manager