Announcing the BlogHer Handmade '11 Call for Ideas
By Elisa Camahort on March 01, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
Lots of folks were thrilled too, so stay tuned for April 4th, because that's when registration opens for the entire three-day extravaganza: BlogHer Handmade on September 15th and The Creative Connection on the 16th-17th.
Today I'm announcing our Call for Ideas for programming for BlogHer Handmade '11.
For those of you who are not that familiar with BlogHer, we call our events the "conference the community built," and getting your input on the programming is one of the most important steps. Yes, we encourage you to submit yourself to speak, but we are also interested in having you submit your wish list of other speakers. The panels you'd like to attend.
What Will the Conference Tracks Be?
Please submit panel ideas that could fit into one of the following tracks:
- Content and Community Building: Including topics such as how to engage your readers; how to build a community of other bloggers; blogging etiquette and ethics
- Traffic Building: Focusing on using technology to build traffic, everything from SEO to social media distribution
- Monetization: Anything you need to know to turn your avocation or hobby into an income stream
What Can You Submit?
As per above, you can submit panels you want to attend, panels you want to speak on and speakers you want to see. In addition, we are always looking for very strong moderators to lead panels. Moderators have that extra job of keeping sessions on track and ringleading the conversation to include everyone on the panel and everyone in the audience. It can be a bit of a special skill, so we're very interested in folks who have specific experience in that!
How to Submit
If any of the above triggers some great ideas, then please use this submission form to submit your idea. The form will ask for contact information, plus other supporting information like:
- URLs to support your submission
- Which track you're submitting for
- Panel name and description
- Who else you think should be contributing and why
What's the Timeline?
Our programming schedule is:
- March 1st, 2011: Call for Ideas open
- March 20th, 2011: Call for Ideas closed
- April 30th, 2011: All submitters contacted either way, and programming published
Thanks for offering to share your creativity and skills with your fellow handmade blogging community at BlogHer Handmade '11 this spring. We can't wait to see what you create.
Elisa for Elisa, Jory and Lisa, Jes and the entire Conference Team
More Like This
Recent Posts by Elisa Camahort
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Kim Court
August 28, 2014 - 12:19pm by JennaHatfield
August 28, 2014 - 8:04am by JennaHatfield
August 26, 2014 - 10:49am by JennaHatfield
August 25, 2014 - 7:23am by JennaHatfield
Recent Comments on Conferences