Announcing BlogHer's Newest Event: BlogHer Handmade '11
By Elisa Camahort on February 21, 2011
BlogHer Original Post
Lisa, Jory and I are thrilled to announce the latest addition to the BlogHer Conferences family: BlogHer Handmade '11.
We are partnering with the pioneering women behind The Creative Connection to serve two active and eager communities:
- Women who have turned their handmade creativity into enviable small businesses and who want to learn more about how to use social media to promote and distribute their work
- Women who are blogging their handmade creativity and building loyal, enthusiastic supporters, and who want to learn more about how to take their craft to the next level and turn a hobby into a business
These two communities, coming together, can support one another and learn from each other to create one super-power, world-dominating force of handmade goodness!
What you should know right now:
- SAVE THE DATE: The conference will take place in St. Paul, MN from Thursday, September 15 -- Saturday, September 17.
- BlogHer is programming the social media track, and that will take place on Thursday the 15th. There will be a Beginning and Intermediate/Advanced track, each focusing on Community Building, Traffic Building and Monetization.
- BlogHer's social media track on Thursday will be available as an "all-you-can-eat" one-price ticket, including the Welcome Dinner (a fancy, sit-down affair with keynote speaker) Thursday evening. You pay one price and can hop from track to track as you normally do at BlogHer events. There will be room for about 200-300 attendees.
- The Creative Connection on Friday and Saturday is a much more "a la carte menu" pricing plan ... you choose individual workshops, meals and keynotes to attend on those two days. There's room for 400-500 across all those activities on Friday and Saturday.
- If you decide to attend all three days, you'll get a 15% discount on a three-day ticket, which is nice :)
- Look for a Call for Ideas SOON! We're looking for crafty social media experts and socially-wired crafting experts. And if you're selected for a speaking slot on Thursday during BlogHer's social media track, there may also be opportunities to speak or give a workshop during The Creative Connection's Friday/Saturday program. We are definitely looking to cross-pollinate expertise and experience.
There's a lot more information to come, including the launch of registration, so stay tuned. Subscribe to the Conference Newsletter to stay on top of new info.
Finally, if you're with a company that wants to reach the kind of creative savvy women described above, contact Monique Maestas-Gower from our sponsorship team, and she will get you all the info about sponsorship.
So, is BlogHer Handmade the conference you've been waiting for? Tell us all about what you've got cooking!
Elisa Camahort Page
My BlogHer profile truly shows you everything I do online...Check it out!!
More Like This
Recent Posts by Elisa Camahort
Most Popular on BlogHer
By Genie Gratto
August 25, 2015 - 7:25am by Lori Luna
August 13, 2015 - 9:08pm by lifewithRoozle
August 12, 2015 - 11:26am by lifewithRoozle
August 10, 2015 - 12:27pm by Elisa Camahort