Announcing the Voices of the Year '12 Honorees and Readers!
By mrlady on May 31, 2012
BlogHer Original Post
I have always been in love with the picture below. It isn't technically great (or even good, really). It was taken on a point and shoot, shot into a spotlight. It's grainy and blurry and disorienting and it completely replicates the exhilaration, nervousness, fear, and elation that comes with reading at the Voices of the Year Community Keynote.
Photo Credit: Schmutzie
Today we are pleased and proud to announce the next group of people who will see that view for themselves. It's time to announce the final 2012 BlogHer Voices of the Year!
Before we get to this years' honorees and readers, I'd like to thank the committee of past readers who worked their fingers off, reading each one of the almost 1,700 submissions we received this year.
2012 was a record-smashing year for Voices of the Year, and so we'd like to send a huge thanks to:
- Alexandra Rosas, Bon Stewart, Julie Ross Godar, Kate Inglis, Megan Smith, and Yvonne Valtierra for Heart
- Amy Windsor, Marinka, MomoFali, and Wendi Aarons for Humor
- Faiqa Khan, Darryle Pollack, Deb Rox, and Pauline Karwowski for Identity
- Heather Barmore, Karen Green, and Suebob Davis for OpEd
- Black Hockey Jesus, Deborah Goldstein, Jenni Chiu, Kristen Chase, Lindsay Ferrier, and Stacey Conner for Parenting
- Eden Riley, Karen Walrond, and Stacy Morrison for Visuals
And, of course, I'd like to thank the members of the Executive Committee, whom I read alongside, for their final deliberations: Elisa Camahort Page, Jory Des Jardins, Lori Luna, and Polly Pagenhart of BlogHer, and Eden Kennedy, of Fussy.org.
And now, the final 2012 Voices of the Year honorees and readers:
More Like This
Recent Posts by mrlady
Most Popular on BlogHer
In case you haven't heard a Oklahoma teen boy bragged about raping someone and no one is doing anything about it
November 26, 2014 - 6:00am by The Daily Post
November 25, 2014 - 12:23pm by Elisa Camahort
November 24, 2014 - 4:00am by Rita Arens